Buyers Agents - Recommendations?

So im looking at going down the path of a Buyers Agent.

I feel that the money could possibly be worth it (in the current market) given how I weigh up the benefits against the downside of the ball park in spending 10k - or there about.

For me
- Spending time on the weekends and coming up empty is impacting me too much...time is money!
- Buyers agent should be getting me a 'cheaper' price than on the advertised market, so for me, in this market, that could be a win regardless
- BA will hopefully find me the yields i'm looking for with also the growth overall

I know the outlay for them are a little expensive, but I think for what i need out of them, it could work well for me.

Interested on everyones thoughts and recommendations (if you know any)

There have been a bundle of threads about everyones views on BA's do a search of the forum.
Start here http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89996

There are Pros and cons. A lot of people argue "why would I pay $10k for something I can do myself" which is a fair point.

Don't get hung up on them achieving prices below what you could achieve yourself. If they can, great, however, anyone with good market knowledge will be able to achieve the same/similar result.

Only go down this road if they can do something which you cannot do yourself (or don't have the time/inclination to do yourself). Also remember, and decision to...or not to.... purchase is entirely up to you. The outcome of the purchase is not their responsibility - it is yours.

Blacky

Hi all, sorry don't mean to hijack this thread.
I have also been thinking about whether it's worthwhile to use a BA.
I am looking in Blacktown area.
I have a budget of around $1.2m to invest.
Not sure if it's best to buy 2 cheaper places (just for yield and possible future CG) or maybe one potential development site (larger parcel of land) for that price.
I don't know a lot about the area and am thinking maybe a BA could give me valuable info on location and where best to invest in?
Any advice would be really appreciated.

Independent Buyers Agents generally aim to save you time, money and stress. It takes most people a long time to do the research necessary to be confident to buy, particularly for an investment property.

I suggest you have a look at the Real Estate Buyers Agents Association of Australia website for BA's in your area. Then contact a couple of them to ask about their services and what is involved.

Cheers

Jen

was looking around western sydney - but was open to suggestions. research research research

Not sure if they venture out West but Alan Fox (propertunity) is a regular contributor to this forum and all my clients that have used his services have been very happy.

Cheers

Jamie

Back