Buying a 2yo Townhouse - depreciation questions

I've read a bit about depreciation, however it still something im not too savvy on - hence i need to ask questions :)

We are buying a 2yo townhouse, which will be our PPOR for the next few years until we upgrade/move out and turn it into an IP. Obviously being so new, there is a LOT of depreciation.

So, is there a way we can go about things so that we maximise the depreciation for when this property eventually becomes an IP in 3-5 years time?

Thanks for any help in advance!

We are buying a 2yo townhouse, which will be our PPOR for the next few years until we upgrade/move out and turn it into an IP.
Congratulations on finding something Witzl. I know you've been looking for a while.

So, is there a way we can go about things so that we maximise the depreciation for when this property eventually becomes an IP in 3-5 years time?
Short of breaking a lot of stuff and having to replace it all with new stuff before you make it an IP - not really :p

The building is going to depreciate over another 38 years. I'd be interested to hear from depreciator too re your Q.

Propertunity said:
Congratulations on finding something Witzl. I know you've been looking for a while.

Thanks! yeah it took a bit of effort, and there was some stressful negotiation to secure this one! Damn FHBs!!

Short of breaking a lot of stuff and having to replace it all with new stuff before you make it an IP - not really :p

As fun as this sounds... i dont think its a smart option. :p

Back