Buying a home that's not for sale

Hi guys,

I'm looking at moving into a new PPOR.

There is a house in the suburb I'm interested in that looks perfect (at least from the outside).

It's not for sale and from my Googling i can't find when it was last for sale and how much it sold for. I asked a neighbour who visits the local park about the property and apparently the owner moved in a few years ago and has done some renovating.

Anyway, has anyone been successful in purchasing a home by just dropping a letter in the letterbox of their target property?

I guess what's the harm right? 99% chance the owner either doesn't respond or informs they are not interested in selling, but there's a chance they might be willing to listen to an offer.

Im not looking at purchasing it for an under market price or anything, i just love the look of the home.

Anyway, i was curious if anyone has purchased a home this way without agents etc.

Hi guys,

I'm looking at moving into a new PPOR.

There is a house in the suburb I'm interested in that looks perfect (at least from the outside).

It's not for sale and from my Googling i can't find when it was last for sale and how much it sold for. I asked a neighbour who visits the local park about the property and apparently the owner moved in a few years ago and has done some renovating.

Anyway, has anyone been successful in purchasing a home by just dropping a letter in the letterbox of their target property?

I guess what's the harm right? 99% chance the owner either doesn't respond or informs they are not interested in selling, but there's a chance they might be willing to listen to an offer.

Im not looking at purchasing it for an under market price or anything, i just love the look of the home.

Anyway, i was curious if anyone has purchased a home this way without agents etc.

I do it all he time, the best thing to do is to approach the local realestate agent and offer them a finders fee if they get the property.

Agents know how to walk the walk and talk the talk, if you pay their commission and the legals fees it can be the incentive to get them to move. It also gives credibility to the agent and you as a buyer if you offer to pay the commission.

Put yourself in their shoes.

If you were not interested in selling, but someone knocked on your door and asked you if you would sell to them today, what would your first reaction be?

Mine would be; "I want $x and it's yours".

My next statement would probably be; "OK; fark off then"...:D

(After they try to counter-offer with a low-ball....which they no-doubt would).

Back