Buying as a tenant.

We rent our current abode and want to buy it from the landlord direct (no offers have been made as yet). Do we have to let the property management know or can they be bypassed?

Thx

Approach the landlord directly- our tenants did this with one of our IP's that we were selling and we managed to come to an agreement privately on price over 3 short phonecalls. You may have a similar experience. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.

Can someone recommend a way to do this? We would like to make an offer to buy in the future and continue renting as we don't have the cash to buy right now but will in the future. We have enough for a small 'deposit' to secure the property though as I guess this would be required.

Thanks for the advice.

Can someone recommend a way to do this? We would like to make an offer to buy in the future and continue renting as we don't have the cash to buy right now but will in the future. We have enough for a small 'deposit' to secure the property though as I guess this would be required.

1) Get on the phone and ask, would you be interested in selling if I were to put an offer to you. The answer will either be yes or no.
2) If yes, go away and ring them up/meet with them and make an offer. Lower than what your prepared to pay.
3) Negotiate Settlement Terms.

Speak direct to landlord - saves the landlord in paying agent fee = potential saving on the asking price.

I have seen some management contracts that include commission for agent if sold to tenant but even if that is the case, it will be the LL's problem not yours.

Back