Buying first PPOR with 3 IPs underthe belt

If your time frame is not until the next 2 to 5 years, then rethink what you can do to achieve being able to save a sizeable deposit by that time.
  • On the basis your IP's are not cross securitised, look to revalue and refinance IP#1 to set up a LOC to 80%. Use that to pay for net property expenses over the next year or two however long it lasts.
  • Set up a 100% offset against one of your IP loans and start pumping savings into that including the $60k saved now.
  • If you have sufficient LOC facility, you could start debt recycling to hasten this savings program.

In two years you may be able to build your offset to $100k plus or more and then simply borrow at an 85% LVR.
Without knowing your individual circumstances, just from experience I would have thought you have the servicing capacity to borrow what you need.

Good luck with it.

Wow, Stay away from LMI but if already paid then pro rata could be applicable.

Looks like you have some more equity to use on the IPs which is fantastic. I would not recommend a cross. keep them separate and pull equity while limiting lmi costs as much as possible.

Just thought i'd reiterate. There are some sane brokers here:)

Back