Buying in the US revisited.

I have been intrigued by the idea of buying/living in the US. Why not? both property and COL are less than they are here.

Naturally I kept an eye on the threads about that, but notice they have died in the bum lately. I can see good reason for this as government at all levels goes broke and many states and municipalities are being forced to sack police, firemen, teachers et al. Conservatives are seriously concerned about a breakdown of law and order.I have raised this tonight because of this on CNNMoney:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/13/real_estate/home_sales_revision/index.htm?iid=Lead

I have read nothing which would inspire confidence a recovery in the US property market lately.

Got gold?

Robert Kiyosaki expects a depression & warns that the 1930s depression lasted 25 years so buy a gun ;)

He also says the oportunities will be the best ever for some.

Robert Kiyosaki expects a depression & warns that the 1930s depression lasted 25 years so buy a gun ;)

He also says the oportunities will be the best ever for some.

It will be interesting to look back in 5yrs time to see how things panned put with the x-rate and US housing market.. maybe it's too soon and 10yrs is a better timeframe but i'd rather use the "strong" AUD to buy something where it's pegged or correlates closely to the USD. I have a very good mate in Santa Fe NM who is massive D&G about the US.. roads are empty, grass is growing through tarmac of shopping centre parking lots, he gets offered sexual favours in carparks in return for gas money, ammo is in short supply, food riots are predicted, 1 in 5 households rely on foodstamps etc. These reasons coupled with a police state and COLD winters means he spends 6-8mths of the year living in SE Asia. In hindsight this could be a great opportunity to buy but i'd prefer to choose elsewhere in the world than the US.

American civil order isn't going to break down.

Key major cities like NYC and LA will continue to plot along, just as Tokyo does today.

Long term that's obvious but depends to what degree you're talking about in the short term. The LA Riots were instigated for different reasons to Occupy Wall St but both could be described as a break down in civil order. The comments i made came from someone on the ground.

It will be interesting to look back in 5yrs time to see how things panned put with the x-rate and US housing market.. maybe it's too soon and 10yrs is a better timeframe but i'd rather use the "strong" AUD to buy something where it's pegged or correlates closely to the USD. I have a very good mate in Santa Fe NM who is massive D&G about the US.. roads are empty, grass is growing through tarmac of shopping centre parking lots, he gets offered sexual favours in carparks in return for gas money, ammo is in short supply, food riots are predicted, 1 in 5 households rely on foodstamps etc. These reasons coupled with a police state and COLD winters means he spends 6-8mths of the year living in SE Asia. In hindsight this could be a great opportunity to buy but i'd prefer to choose elsewhere in the world than the US.

I think Kiyosaki is not finished buying housing in U.S. He buys in oil states & other areas where employment will not be lost during either inflation or deflation. He buys large apartment blocks with partners, renovates or builds more, retrieves ALL his startup capital & has lots of cash flow.

He says business for rental apartments only gets better during a crisis. Which is why he says the uber rich have manufactured this crisis & people like him have had to learn to play by their rules.

I have actually just put up a new thread as I have been thinking about investing in the USA for the past month or so due to high net returns.
I'm very interested to know other people's opinion on if it is a good idea or not and what areas may be best.
I also like to read Robert Kiyosaki and am looking for something to get me going into positive cash flow so I don't have to rely on a job or the government to look after me.

Back