buying in the us

hi all
well I see there was a sticky and its been closed.
my question is two fold
bird doggers r u there.
there must still be dird doggers that are working the us market.
and we can say that the market is huge and it not just lets buy into the market
well for me its simple send me a deal at 60% of current market val and let me work out if thats a great deal.
that number 1
number 2
how do I sit here in sydney and buy in the us.
ie whats the structure to be used if you want to buy there
having the regard that I understand companies and trust structures
now it maybe that people will say that two big a question
well so was comm a bit back for this board but now its relatively simple.
I have been looking at the market for some time and now have a way of doing it but need to understand
how to do it on the ground
or if there is some bird dogger reading this post pm me
I need to get moving

let me here from people on the ground there
we must have people wandering around wanting to bird dog and if not start
and don't post currency risk or other forms of risk this post is have we got people on the ground and if so do you know how we invest from here
relatively simple question

Lawrence, you'll find all the bird-dogs you could want - and then some - at biggerpockets.

PS For those not familiar with the lingo, "bird dogs" (or "wholesalers") are people who find properties that they can secure below market value (usually in, or close to, foreclosure), then lock up the deal and, without ever owning the property themselves, sell the deal on to an investor for a profit. It's not a strategy that's doable in Australia, we don't have a split wholesale/retail market like they do.

Last edited:
Don't wish to side-track your thread, GR, but ...

Congrats, Tracey, on your heads of agreement! Hope all goes well from here onwards!!

But back to the topic ...

Cheers
Lynn

hi all
no problem to siding the thread
but a bird dogger is a bit different from some one taht buys at wholesale and then sells at retail.
bird doggers are not some thing that are in the aust market because they operate but they most here would see them as buyers agents
a bird dogger is a bit different in that they find a deal work out if the deal is doable in there market
and then take it to some one and get a fee for the deal.
so they don't buy and sell
they transport and get paid and their is a big difference
a bird dogger doesn't hold anything in the deal they simply transport a deal as the name says they carry something to someone else.
as a dog carrys a bird to the shooter.
now to be a bird dogger does not require any form of qualification at all
there is no qualfications at all
nor is there anyform of regulation.
simple someone says I have this deal have a look and if you buy I get this commision
thats a true bird dogger and the dogger you want to pay
because he/she will find alot more deals for you.
and its these bird doggers I am looking for.
a bird dogger can be anyone

a bird dogger is a bit different from some one taht buys at wholesale and then sells at retail
Yes, they are. In fairness, I did mention that a bird dog never owns the property. ;) As you say, bird dogs make their profit by finding great deals and on-selling the deal for a profit. A wholesaler finds the same properties, but buys them themselves and on-sells to a retail customer for a much larger profit.

The terms are often used interchangeably because they're looking for the same deals, and are often the same people: many bird dogs will buy the deal themselves (thus becoming wholesalers) if they can't find an investor to buy the deal from them. Being a bird dog has a smaller profit per deal, but zero risk.

Back