Buying in WA

Hello everyone,

I was looking for some advice on buying in WA. Even though this is our home state, we do not own an IP here yet, although we have 3 in Brisbane.

Our goal this year is to purchase our first IP in WA.

Can anyone recommend:

- a reliable settlement agent ( I know other forumites have recommended Vicki Philipoff but we had nothing but problems with them when settling our PPOR)

- building and pest inspectors

I did a search, and couldn't find any real referrals!

thanks

Hi Nougati, we use Elaine Coughlin from Ronson Mackinlay (in applecross). i think that she is a little more expensive than some of the other conveyancers, but she is extremely thorough and well organised (which is an essential trait!!). :D

Gday Nougati...
I use Ross Skelton from Irdi Settlements, have used them several times and have never had a problem with them.
Good luck with your purchase in the new year!

Hi there, I use The Strand Settlements (ask for Jan Berg on 9381 0500) and use the Building Inspection Company for my building and pest reports (9474 2225).

Good luck and keep us posted on where you bought!

Yes.. I agree.. I can recommend Leonie/Hunts Settlements.. Weve bought and sold using them several times.. and found there service to be exceptional...

Regards

Kelvin

Hi Dazzling,

we definitely got cracking, cos we went to contract on 30 December :)

we found a house in old Warnbro on a big block, within walking distance to the beach for under 400K. the yield will be low, but we hope the capital growth will more than make up for it! :D

Great stuff mate.....it's amazing what can happen when you put yourself under pressure and then come up with the goods.

Here's to your further success in property !!! :):)

Thanks Dazzling and RedWing.

We certainly amazed ourselves this year, we started with 0 and ended the year with 4 IP's!

We are extremely happy with this purchase, due to its proximity to the beach and the quality of the property (big land content, nice house as bonus). Let's hope settlement goes smoothly!

Hi Nougati, we use Elaine Coughlin from Ronson Mackinlay (in applecross). i think that she is a little more expensive than some of the other conveyancers, but she is extremely thorough and well organised (which is an essential trait!!). :D

Redbox

I agree with you completely... Elaine is also my conveyancer and that lady is worth every penny she is paid.

I also found her a little more on the expensive side and tried another agent.... never again... you get what you pay for.

Elaine is BRILLIANT!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Rixter,

No 1, March 07 : Thornlands QLD, 3x2 brick and tile
No 2, June 07: Deception Bay QLD, 3x2 brick and tile
No 3, July 07, Woody Point QLD, 3x1 fibro
No 4, December 07, Warnbro WA, 3x1 brick and tile

Rixter,

Our property investment strategy is to buy and hold, as we are still reasonably young. Later down the track we will obviously renovate to increase rents, and our latest purchase may offer subdivision potential down the track.

We prefer suburbs that are close to the ocean, as we believe they offer good long-term capital growth. We seek to buy properties that are either below or near the median.

As our equity grows, we will seek to add other properties to our portfolio, and also diversify into direct shares

Sounds great.....Are you looking to exit the rat race and become self funded/financially independent upon your portfolio at some stage? If so when & how?

Back