Caboolture, Ipswich or Warwick?

Mother is getting ready to purchase an IP, and only has low $200k to spend.

She also only want's to play in SEQ, so my suggestion was for a place in Ipswich area on a block that could be split or already on seperate titles.

We found a few, but were'nt quick enough, as they had instant contract's on them.

Now she has looked at Caboolture, and has almost put that in the too hard basket as all along she has lusted for a bit of land with a house in Warwick, Stanthorpe or similar that she can retire to eventually.

When I look at Warwick I run shreiking as I feel it is at the top of it's peak with no real cap gain's in the near future.

Where as Ippy or Caboolture I can see an earn in the near future.

I also can't see rent's doing much either. At the moment $200,000 get's $200/week in Warwick, whereas the others could be expected to increase in the near future.

This is just a gut feel on Warwick for me as I can find no real info on the net about why the area may go off.

What do my learned fellow forumites reckon?

BB

I like Caboolture for it's proximity to the Sunshine Coast. 30 mins one way you have Brisbane and 40 the other the beach. Not to mention Bribie Is.

I like Warwick for the same reason as your mother. Some where that I can retire to some day.
We got a 3 bedroom brick house for low $170,000 and get $220 per week. So it is not bad.
But we are now looking at Ipswich and Caboolture as well as Brisbane around Boondall where there are a few in the high $200,000 so that would be out for your mum.

What about out around Yamanto way? That is growing with a new shopping centre(well a few years old) close to Ipswich and Brisbane.
Cheers,
Peter

I would stick with Ipswich.
When they finally fix the motorway, you have a guaranteed CG coming to you.
Caboolture is further from CBD i think, and I wouldn't want to retire there myself.:)

Thank's for the reply's guy's,

Well the good new's is the house at Ipswich that I had picked out for Mum on a 1200m2 block all positioned nicely for a battle-axe block, with a lovely house at the front,and minutes from the rattler, has had the contract crash.

So she has gone back in at a few grand less than the last offer, so hopefully she'll have some joy there at around the $220,000 mark.

She'll more than likely live in this one and rent out the current PPOR which she own's.

Yeah I know, not ideal, but she only earn's about $40k/year, hates where she currently lives, the current PPOR will make agood renter, and she will be happier on a bigger block so the dog's can run around like idiot's.

She is currently on 400m2 in a 3 bed brick lowset like a thousand other's in Kallangur.

I'm not sure if the tax benifit's would amount to much in her instance on the dollar's she earns anyway.

BB

I think your Mum's done very well for herself.

Ipswich is expected to grow from 140000 to 318000 people by 2026.
The current workforce is 49000 and is expected to increase to 91000 by 2021, and 123000 in 2026.

So my vote goes to Ipswich.

BB,

Probably for the best anyway as One Mile and Leichardt has a high % of housing commission. Try looking at North & East Ipswich and keep within a short walk of the railway line.

I am madly trying to find something else before I go to Vanuatu[cyclone permitting], whike trying to turn her off of Warwick.

BB

Mate Warwick is lovely!!:D I am sure she would be very happy there. I love it there.
But I do think you and a Amanda are right that Ipswich does have more opportunity for growth. What do the both of you think about Flinders View?
Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,

We've bought property at both Flinders View and Raceview. Good basic homes, nice tidy area and close to the Cunningham Hwy.

A lot of homes in Flinders View are ex RAAF houses and when built 10 years ago they did not lay a floating slab, so many have quite substantial movement, but you can also pick them up quite cheap and still receive good rents.
Both areas are also close to the new Ripley Town Centre which has just commenced the planning stage and will be HUGE, eventually housing 100,000 people which is larger than Springfield.

I still prefer areas closer to the train line though, but its getting harder to find good deals with growing interest in the area.

Try giving Gai Flynn from Action Realty a call or June Frank from Walkers Real Estate.

Hello Amanda,
Thanks for that, we will have a look around up that way this week and contact those agents.
I like that area around Ipswich for growth IF the motor way ever gets upgraded.
Collingwood Park seems a good area as well?
Thanks for the info,
Peter

Hi Peter & BB

Just saw this place come through on the email alerts, worth a look as its close to the new Riverlinks, room for improvement & big block:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=103842587&emailsource=emailalert

I know the RE agent too and he's good to buy through but I'd never sell through him.

Alex, this is the new transport ring network they are proposing for Ipswich to Springfield & the last I read they now need to do an environmental impact study, but it looks like the preferred root will go ahead. Boy I'm glad they didn't put it through Flinders View.

Thanks alexlee, for the web site. That is very interesting reading.
Amanda, That house looks very good,I have emailed your post to the "boss" and will await her reply!

I think we are heading up there next week end(after we come back from looking at a 4 bedroom house at Warwick!! :D ) to have a look around so will ring this agent for an inspection.
Cheers,
Peter

Alex, this is the new transport ring network they are proposing for Ipswich to Springfield & the last I read they now need to do an environmental impact study, but it looks like the preferred root will go ahead. Boy I'm glad they didn't put it through Flinders View.[/QUOTE]

the state government never intended it to go through flinders view ,so what they did was pick the route they wanted and then pick another route that would cause the most public outrage and then back down on the unwanted route and get the route they wanted in the first place ,pretty clever if you ask me

Back