Cadbury Chocolate

Chocoholics, Cadbury are going back to their original recipe. Yum!!

They nearly lost me as a customer because I did not like their new recipe. I had to compensate for the so-so tasting new version by buying roast almond or caramello chocolate. The nuts and caramello disguised the taste.

Can't really live without it I am afraid. Did try to convert to Nestle but they had no plain milk chocolate blocks when I went shopping last.

How did the rest of SS chocoholics get through the last 4 months with the bad recipe??

Kinga

Chocoholics, Cadbury are going back to their original recipe. Yum!!

They nearly lost me as a customer because I did not like their new recipe. I had to compensate for the so-so tasting new version by buying roast almond or caramello chocolate. The nuts and caramello disguised the taste.

Kinga

A glass and a half in every 250 gram block,

A pity that they only come in 200 and 220g blocks now for the same price as a 250g block was.........

I am buying imported from now on.

saw the cadbury's ceo on aca last night admitting they had made a mistake adding palm oil instead of cocoa butter (palm oil tastes like greasy lard).

noticed today in the supermarket that cadbury's was on super special - but still couldn't bring myself to buy one.

I too noticed the difference and have stopped eating the choc, now will return to a delictable delight that melts in my mouth and gives that warm and fuzzy feeling.....sad I know have worked too many twilight shifts and haven't seen hubby :(

For those who can get to it, go to Haigh's chocolate shop on the corner of King and George Streets, Sydney CBD. They have *the* *best* *chocolate*. You can almost taste the love. :D

The type of Cadbury chocolate we buy didn't have the recipe changed.

It did, however, get recalled the instant they changed the packaging because some idiot didn't print 'milk solids' on the packet, so we had to wait ages to track down a block of the new chocolate to find out if they'd changed the recipe or not. They had the ingredients to every other kind of chocolate EXCEPT that one on their website so there was no way of knowing if our chocolate had been hit by the ingredient change too.

I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in virtually all chocolate except some of the Lindt ones and one of the Cadbury ones, and the Lindt ones are a bit too strong and not very sweet. Its nice knowing what I'm actually allergic to, I've been avoiding chocolate most of my life. Then when I find out what I can eat and realise I can actually binge on the stuff they threaten changing the recipe and recall it! :eek:

I've never tried Haighs chocolate from the store ... do they list their ingredients?

The best chocolate I have tasted is Lindt, makes eating Cadbury feel like sandpaper

yes i agree lindt is lovely. but we also enjoy haighs. we went to their factory and visitor centre in adelaide the other day and the smell was devine. it was packed with customers too.

as a child i enjoyed cadbury chocolate epecially at easter thick chocolate eggs. i do not mind it now but did wonder if the recipe had changed over the years, particularly from the northern hemesphere to here?
regards

What are you allergic to btw?
Soy lecithin. Its in a lot more than just chocolate, unfortunately - it pops up in new product lines all the time, especially in cakes and biscuits. It is a very, VERY common ingredient in commercially made food :(

I haven't had a formal test, but if I eat anything with it in I sneeze like crazy, and if I don't eat it I don't so much as sniffle. The couple of weeks where I initially did a proper exclusion diet was the least sniffly of my life - turns out a few things we regularly bought (eg, milo) had small amounts of it in so I've cut those out too.

Needless to say even before tracking down the offending ingredient I'd developed a big lean away from commercial cakes, sweets, biscuits, lollies, pre-packaged foods, commercial milk drinks etc during my adult life and prefer to cook from scratch from Real Ingredients because the other stuff makes me crook. Could explain why I'm a relatively skinny healthy thing :D

YIPPEE!!
Just wish they'd do teh same with vegemite. Damn yanks are trying to kill us! Fancy mixing cream cheese with it - BLAH!

Just for the record. The best dark chocolate (LUURVVE dark choc) is Aldi's. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmmmm. As a matter of fact, I'll have me a piece now.

Project 1080

The project 10 IPs in 80 mths.

cadbury's chocolate gives my wife an immediate (<10min) migraine.

we're on lindt now.

trouble is, aussie chocolate has a preservative in it to stop it melting in the shops - hence why it goes white when old.

go to europe - the chocolate there is to die for.

Another chocoholic here, gotta say I'm a big fan of Swiss, Dutch, Belgium, German, Italian, French chocolates. Lindt would be my favorite.

That's not to say I don't eat Ozzy stuff, I love flake, cherry ripe, bounty, crunchie, violet crumble, mars bar, chocolate covered licorice bullets, chocolate covered sultanas, time out, aero bars, peppermint crisp, that cadbury chocolate with white on top, brown below, fruit and nut, caramello bears, anything caramel covered in chocolate, need I go on?

I didn't realise they had pulled a swifty changing anything, shame on them, must go shopping and try to taste the difference.

Vegemite should not be altered, I am a big fan of vegemite too.

Love Lindt though. How is it you talk about it and now your ready to sell your soul for chocolate?

I don't like lindt. Its very strong, very bitter. The cadbury's is much nicer. But then I'm comparing the 70% and above stuff. Lindt also costs a lot more to get that bitter taste.

I like the old vegemite and I also like the new stuff. I remember when the kids discovered "real" chocolate and refused to eat the "no name" chocolate at Easter. Suddenly we had to spend more. Fussy little blighters :).

Bunnies (good brand) in the freezer is the thing for us at Easter. Thin, cold choc ...... Yumm!!

Relfy, I reckon you might be referring to the blocks?

Have you seen the assorted collections? Little ones all individuals in boxes....like little gems? Delicate exquisite little flavors, I never eat that block of Lindt 70% stuff, saw it at the end of safeway isle on SPECIAL! for a dollar a block, I bought them all, got them home and realised it's sneaky 70% bitter crap..no, no, nooooo. Oops. Until I was desperate one week, then bowled them over. Swearing the whole way through them.

Like drinking metho after a jacobs creek, but it's an addiction you see.

Back