Cairns Old Queenslanders

Hello Everyone, I have lived in Cairns for a couple of years back in 98/99 and have finally saved enough to invest in some realestate in Auz, I love the life style up their, Wooly's thongs and a Rusty's T'shirt. The rest of Australia is probably out of my range now since prices have skyrocketed and I am trying to find out if purchasing an old Queenslander for around the 200k mark near Cairns city is a good investment? Or is a unit a better option? Do you think Cairns Capital Gains is on its way up? Any Help thank you.

Thanks, Lincoln

g'day

I purchased my first property here in Townsville back in November 2002. It's like a qnlndr but im not sure. I bought a bargain. Properties here are selling in the early to mid 100k's for a 3 bedroom qlndr depending on how far from the cbd/strand you are.

I think Cairns is a good buy but I only know about Townsville, which will see a bit of development around the city..... think apartments, parks, cafes along the rivers edge, etc, etc..

Here capital gains have varied from 3% to 9% p.a. Some areas more, some less. Pretty steady all up however.
I think Cairns could better Twnvlle as it has more to offer, particularly the tourist market.
Good luck....

trump63

cairns investment

I was going to buy a Glenwood display home but have had to pull out of the deal for health reasons. House was advertised for $260K and my offer of $254 was accepted. Company was to lease back until sept. @$340pw.I also had a rent appraisal for $340 - 360pw. I reckon it is a good deal with little downside. The house is in Forest Gardens estate. May be of interest!

Back