Calling all Tasmanian Based Investors

Thanks for the offer of paying for coffee and cake. That's really generous of you. Although it's a bit sad, I'm sure it may also help to increase the number of people who turn up too.

John.

Yeah, too right - might get people going over from Melbourne! :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi John and Pete,
unfortunately the 21st of April is not suitable.

How about 28 April or 5 May??

Hi Rolf,

Either of those dates is good for me, but 5th of May would be better. It also gives people a bit more time to cancel any other less important things they may have on :cool:

John.

Hi Rolf & John,

5th May is much better for me as well.

Should we lock it in? With a 2 or 3 o'clock start?

Cheers,

Pete

Woo hoo!

Pete, can you confirm the availability of the German Club for that day/time? Once that is done we can start spreading the word.

Rolf,
Can you work out what flights you will be on. Being sleepy old Hobart the times are a bit limited unfortunately. Depending on times and what's happening with my boys I'd be happy to pick you up and/or drop you off at the airport. If I can get my parents to babysit (they'll be visiting us from QLD at that time) then I'll shout you lunch as well (if you want the company :cool: ).

Also, let us know what format you would prefer for the meeting, eg, 45 mins for a presentation followed by questions.

Maybe we should switch to PMs or emails to finalise the details??

John.

Damm!!:(

I miss out again, wont be back in Tas until end of May but would really like to catch up with some Tassie investors and talk business or get to a few of these seminars/chats. Hopefully you guys might start something regular.

So much to learn and so little time to do it.

Cheers all

Dave

Damm!!:(

I miss out again, wont be back in Tas until end of May but would really like to catch up with some Tassie investors and talk business or get to a few of these seminars/chats. Hopefully you guys might start something regular.

So much to learn and so little time to do it.

Cheers all

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, sorry you will miss out. The more the merrier. If everything goes well with this meeting then I hope we can set up something regular too. Just keep your eye on the forum.

John.

Hi,
I am new here. This is my first post but I would love to come along.
Caz

Hi caz,

Welcome to the forum....good to see another Tassie member.

We're still working on a venue, but the afternoon of the 5th of May is still the date for our meeting, so keep it free.

John.

Whenever I stay in Hobart, I stay at The Old Woolstore. You can have hotel type rooms or I usually get a self contained apartment. Seperate living room, seperate bedroom, nice big bathroom and seperate toilet etc. Also a kitchen. Cost me $145 a night during January.

Stayed there twice this year already and I'll be staying there the week after the meeting in Hobart again too.

http://www.oldwoolstore.com.au/index.htm

http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Old_Woolstore_Apartment_Hotel_Hobart_The.htm

And no, I don't have shares in it....:p

I think you'd get better rates of you phoned them than what they advertise on their site.

Flights booked....I will be there too !

Any suggestions of good places to stay in that area?

Great to hear you'll be coming down Anna. Our little meeting has suddenly become national :D

I was going to suggest the Woolstore too, as it's in a pretty good location and seems like good value for money. If you want to splash out then 'Somerset on the Pier' or the 'Henry Jones Art Hotel' are the places to be - not cheap, but fantastic locations.

Otherwise you could try some of the B&Bs in Battery Point if you want some old fashioned charm, but I can't recommend any sorry.

John.

I've stayed in the Woolstore plus lots of others in the CBD Just thought there might be some secret place near the meeting location that I was yet to discover :eek:)

I've stayed in the Woolstore plus lots of others in the CBD Just thought there might be some secret place near the meeting location that I was yet to discover :eek:)

Well, at the moment the meeting location is a secret too :eek:, but I think it will be somewhere near the CBD. If you can hold off booking for a couple of days until we finalise the location it may help you decide where to stay.

John.

Dave, Sorry you can't make it.

Caz welcome, the more hte merrier.

Anna it will be great to finally meet you.

The Grand Chancellor is also close by and I think there is a Quest down near the waterfront as well.

Cheers,
Pete

Back