Can I build 2 granny flats?

Hi All

Would one be able to build 2x granny flats if :

- I had a big block of land that was subdivid-able
- I subdivided the block of land, then built a house on each block plus a granny flat on each block

Would this be feasible ? What are some of the considerations whether or not its permitted ? Or is it simply a no-no ...

Thanks!

I was going to do this. But it's hard to fit a four bedder + a granny flat on 380 sqm. Not impossible but not viable for me.
So yes you absolutely can( provided you subdivide first)

Subdivision

Hmm according to this though one of the requirements (p2) is that the lot is not subdivided. Thus my question ... :confused:

Smitty, what it means is that once you build the granny flat, you cannot subdivide the granny flat off from the main house, but you can 1. subdivide to the Council rules, then 2. construct a house and a granny flat on each compliant block, therefore ending up with 2 houses and 2 granny flats.

Hope this helps.

Smitty, what it means is that once you build the granny flat, you cannot subdivide the granny flat off from the main house, but you can 1. subdivide to the Council rules, then 2. construct a house and a granny flat on each compliant block, therefore ending up with 2 houses and 2 granny flats.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for clarifying that everyone .. much appreciated !! =D

Back