Can Someone Help Me

Hi there.

I have recently split with my girlfriend and therefore we have moved out of the PPOR. The house is in my name as I bought it when I was 18. It is currently in a fixed loan at roughly 7%. I am going to be renting the property out in the coming weeks, have not had an appraisal yet but been told around $320p/w. I'd like to know with the amount I've paid off over the last 3 years, whether it is possible for me (on my single income) to purchase a second IP. I will be living back with family, so board will be minimal and I am a chef, therefore eat at work 5-6 days a week.

Other figures:

Salary: $48,700
Loan: $250,000 roughly
House Value: Unknown, but bought for $317,500 3 years ago.
Expenses: $50 a month for phone and $50 a week board, $100 a month for petrol.

I was just wondering if someone could tell me whether it is possible for me to purchase a 2nd IP and if not, what I need to achieve to be able to do so.

Thanks, Michael.

Last edited:
I would be more concerned that your girlfriend might decide to try for half of the house if you have been in a de facto relationship :eek:.

Hi Infest

Different lenders have different methods of assessing borrowing capacity. Perhaps you should have a chat with a decent mortgage broker about your options.

Cheers

Jamie

Last edited:
Back