Can you Hire an Auctioneer

Hi,
I have some blocks of land that I want to offload as well as possibly a house down the track. I would like to sell the properties on my own well at least have first crack at doing it. Is it possible to hire an Auctioneer for the day and if so hwere do I start looking for one?

Why don't you want to use a real estate agent? How are people going to know to come to your auction? Do you have a plan to advertise? And is auction the best option for these properties?

Sorry I can't answer your actual question...

Is it possible to hire an Auctioneer for the day and if so hwere do I start looking for one?

Yes it is possible. REAs hire auctioneers (that don't work in their agency) all the time. They just pay the auctioneer a fee.

Read the local paper and you may see one auctioneer turing up afrequently. Or better still, go to some auctions first - there are some really hopeless auctioneers out there!....and some great ones.

You could also see the REI website for your state and look up who is qualified for auctioneering.

So, plenty of places to look. :)

Thanks for that propertunity. Hi Wobblycarly I would of course advertise and have a sign up for a period of time. I have sold a few properties on my own in the past but never by auction. I just thought I would give it a go. To be honest I find it difficult to justify selling through an agent in Bendigo. Last year I had 2 properties on the market with an agent. One property sold on the first viewing it was in a great area and reasonably priced. The agent placed one advert (I paid for the ad) the agent turned up for the open for 30mins and sold the property. $8000 profit for a very small amt of work. The next property was harder to sell after 3 opens he asked me to drop the price by $15000. After a further 4 weeks on the market advertising each week I had an offer I asked the agent to cut his fee by a $2000 to get the deal across the line he refused. The authority finished I advertised privately had 3 showings and after 2 weeks sold the property and saved myself $8000.

Thanks for that propertunity. Hi Wobblycarly I would of course advertise and have a sign up for a period of time. I have sold a few properties on my own in the past but never by auction. I just thought I would give it a go. To be honest I find it difficult to justify selling through an agent in Bendigo. Last year I had 2 properties on the market with an agent. One property sold on the first viewing it was in a great area and reasonably priced. The agent placed one advert (I paid for the ad) the agent turned up for the open for 30mins and sold the property. $8000 profit for a very small amt of work. The next property was harder to sell after 3 opens he asked me to drop the price by $15000. After a further 4 weeks on the market advertising each week I had an offer I asked the agent to cut his fee by a $2000 to get the deal across the line he refused. The authority finished I advertised privately had 3 showings and after 2 weeks sold the property and saved myself $8000.

Sounds like you know what you're doing! Cheers.

Back