Canberra Big BBQ

OK, I've been asked about this by a few people- so here's the details.

The Canberra Big BBQ will be held on Saturday 2 October, at the Canberra Irish Club, 6 Parkinson St, Weston.

There will actually be two events, consecutively at the same venue.

At 1PM, we will be having speakers- details to be confirmed, we will let you know more details when arrangements have firmed. Cost will be $5 pp.

And then at 4PM we will start the BBQ. If the weather is fine, it will be outside- otherwise there is plenty of room in the dining room. Cost will be $15 pp, which includes a sirloin steak, 2 sausages, a lamb chop, Italian sausage and marinated chicken breast, plus salads and condiments. Drinks are separately available at the bar.

As always, please email Ed on [email protected] if you'd like to come along (or even if you can't make it this time, but would like to be notified of future meetings).

Firm numbers will be appreciated, especially closer to the day. We will need to give a minimum number, and if fewer than that turn up, we will be out of pocket. If too many unannounced people turn up, we will be out of food :D.

So please keep it in mind.

I'm gonna try to get there...

Have booked a room at Casa-de-philh, and have got rid of the kids for the weekend (their dad has them for school hols)...

Now, just to figure out how to pay for the air fare.. :eek:

I really really really really wanna come!

asy :D

Hiya

Once again I have drawn the short straw.

Will be in QLD during that time

Hmmmm, wonder what a flight would cost...................

ta

rolf

asy said:
Have booked a room at Casa-de-philh, and have got rid of the kids for the weekend (their dad has them for school hols)...
I trust you enjoy the Olympic Philage
asy said:
Now, just to figure out how to pay for the air fare.. :eek:
Something for the Sydney Canberra leg...

Rex do a lot more flights SYD-CBR than the others. Flights are $55.66 one way PLUS TAXES AND LEVIES (don't you hate that?) a total of $158 return

An alternative if you have a little more time is bus. The trip from Central Station to Canbarra takes just over three hours, and costs $35 each way- see Murrays

And for those coming to Canberra. The weekend is a long weekend in NSW & AC- and Floriade will be in full swing.

Back