Canberra Investors Group BBQ - 22nd January 2005

Hi all,

On behalf of the Canberra Investor's Group, I*'d like to invite you all to our first event of the year (drumroll)....

The Overseas Investing BBQ
This will be a relaxed get-back-into-the-swing-of-things affair where we can eat snags and talk about investing in overseas markets.

The event will be held in the ACT at the home of well-known forumite Quiggles, who, with his partner, has been buying properties in the USA with rental yields in excess of 20% (no typo). He's happy to discuss his experiences.

There will also be several investors attending who have just returned from New Zealand with the latest market information.

Anyone interested please RSVP to Mr Ed (http://www.somersoft.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=426)

Details
Discussion: Informal chat about NZ, USA and other overseas investment options
Address: Provided on RSVP
Date: Saturday 22 January
Time: 12:30 onwards.
Format: No charge, BYO everything BBQ. Barbie, gas, a couple of eskies and ice, plus fridge space supplied.
RSVP: Mr Ed - http://www.somersoft.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=426)

---------------------------------------------------------

Also.....

This is one of the last times you'll see the name 'Canberra Investor Group' used.

As some of you may be aware Canberra Investors Group now has a new name, the Capital Regional Investor Network or CRIN for short.

We're still the fun-loving crowd of the last several years, but have reorganised with a full committee with President, Secretary, Treasurer and so forth.

We remain non-profit and committed to the same goals as in the past, however the new structure will help us spread the load further and allow CRIN to provide even better events through the year.

On behalf of everyone involved with the Canberra Investors Group (CIG) in past years, I'd like to particularly thank Geoffw and Mr Ed for all their hard work arranging events and sustaining the group's energy.

Mr Ed has agreed to continue in a formal role with CRIN. Geoffw will step back to an informal role advising the group as he has been sandwiched by his new commitments this year.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Last edited:
While there is no charge (for a byo everything except ice for the drinks and gas for the barbie) a gold coin donation for charity would be most welcome.

Peter,

Sydney has a population base 20x Canberra's to draw from.

100 people to a Sydney seminar is equivalent to 5 showing up at a Canberra event AND you've had 'name' draw cards to pull people in!

Let's see - if Canberra averages 25 people per event, Sydney needs to get at least 500 at an seminar to compete (to make it fair SIG's not allowed a 'name' either) :D

(that'd be fun to find a venue for and a nightmare to manage)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

PS: If SIG isn't advertising on PI (I haven't seen announcements) you may want to consider it to broaden the base.

Too bad you didn't make it, Yuch. would've loved to see you again.

(Plug warning) This was the best investor's BBQ I've ever been to, even if I had to hold it myself. For a start I didn't have to drive home, and even if I did I had three police officers to swear I was soberer than they were. :D (/Plug warning)

More seriously, Scotty (Graham Scott, recently featured in API), Graeme and Jack talked to us about their adventures across Australia and across the Tasman. I gave a potted summary of Buffalo (most folks there at the time hadn't read the buying in the US thread) and there was a lot of Q&A and some top networking.

Geoffw, Mr Ed and Qaz made it along (Acey was tied up, or possibly handcuffed at the time, Jaz may have to clarify) and a fine time was had by all. All that I spoke to, anyway.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

An excellent event- thanks to Quiggles, Mrs Quiggles and the Quigglets for hosting it.

A lot of valuable info- Melbournites need to collar Scotty and have him present down there.

Bob,

Job well done, good roll up and well organised. Thanks for your fine efforts. Appologies that I couldn't stay for long had to spread thinly with other engagements.

Good to see a few newbies too.

So Craigs place Thurs for cashflow?

Cheers

Mr Ed

Back