Canberra Lunch

What day/time would be suitable for a Canberra get together?

• Weekday lunch

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Weekday evening

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Saturday lunch

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Saturday evening

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Sunday lunch

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Sunday evening

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Not going- I just want to see the poll results

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
It appears the Canberra lunch was a success. Well done Brinkdude for organising that.

It seems another lunch received votes- but, for myself, a weekday lunch is not easy.

Can I ask Canberra people to vote for a suitable time of week please?

(Multiple answers are acceptable)

Saturday evening has the most of a mere handful of votes.

What about Saturday June 6, 6PM, Civic? Perhaps Viva Zapata's Mexican Restaurant in Northbourne Ave for a starting suggestion?

Geoff,

I'm flexible for really anytime but I think what would be good is if someone had everyones email address's and could do an email to all when something was arranged.

Unlike some of us most don't visit the forum on a daily basis.

I'd even be happy to be that person. (have I bitten off more than I can chew?)

What's your thought's Geoff and others?

Mr Ed

Mr Ed, Good suggestion. I vote for you to be the e-mail person. :D

Gw,

Hi - eating /drinking and chatting is a great idea. Ordinarliy, you could count me in. Your date of Saturday 6 June might be difficult ;) (Q. Is it Friday 6/6/03 or Saturday 7/6/03).

On the 6th (Friday) I'm off to the COLD CHISEL concert in Sydney to re-live my youth and on Saturday the Kids are at me to take them to the Raiders match (provided they keep winning):) :D :)

Please let me know where and when you decide on the food thing and myself (& Mrs Brinkdude) will do our best to make it. :p

Brinkdude

Lunch/dinner?

Well, seeing as Brinkdude is the originator of the Canberra lunch idea, shouldn't we amend the time to coincide with sometime when he (and Mrs Brinkdude) can make it???

Anytime is fine with me. I will re-arrange other commitments to be there, Civic is a good central location too.

See you guys soon :)

Savanna

I'm happy to fit in with Geoff, as his work commitments make a Monday to Friday lunch difficult. :)

Anywhere central would suit. Mexican is fine with me. The 6/7 was difficult for me but don't let that be an impediment.

If I can't make this one, I'll make the next. :D

BD

I'll check with mrsW on the next w/e.

What's got 100 teeth and 200 legs?

The entire fromt row an a Cold Chisel concert.

Canberra Forumites,

Ok I'll do the email to all when a date time and venue is sorted. If you could all email me your names AKA'S is fine and I'll put them in a lunch folder.

Anyone else that you know that is from canberra that may be interested ask them to email me.

Email,

[email protected]

in the subject line put "canberra lunch and AKA"

We could then get in touch with all very quickly.

Mr Ed

PS The emails won't be passed onto any third parties period!!!!

And I haven't even replied yet.

I'll check on the capacity of the venue. It's my suggestion because it's run by friends, and probably the most authentic Mexican food you can find- I really like it after some of the pseudo Mexican.

If Brinkdude can't make it,instead of postponing to the long w/e, how about scheduling another about three weeks after?

Hi all

Don't. re-schedule just because of me!! The more we talk as a group, the more information we exchange ( and hence learn).:)

I do so much like MEX. Espesially, the best ACT.

Q. Whats the vote so far? We (Mrs BD & I) are free Sunday lunch (long Weekend??), but only if suits the majority.

Any other weekend is also fine.

Otherwise, I am sure I will catch up with the Canberra Gang next lunch.

Cheers

Brinkdude

Originally posted by Mr Ed
Had 8 replys already, we could get quite a group next time, may have to up the venue Geoff?

Mr Ed
MrsW went there on a Saturday night 2 weeks ago with a group of 15. There was still plenty of room for the other customers.

The lady who is responsible for the cuisine also does the food for the Embassy of Mexico when he wants to impress people with Mexican food and culture.

Mr Ed- it's no longer a poll, and no longer a lunch- as you're taking numbers, do you want to start up a new thread?

In consideration of the long weekend and people who have registered already, I'd suggest that we keek Saturday 7 june (correct day and date now) intact- and plan another for end of FY for Brinkdude- say 28 or 29 June? (I note Sunday lunch now heads the poll).

Back