Canberra Property Management.

So. I am not overly impressed with my pm. I am not sure if I am just expecting too much, or what. They haven't actually done anything 'wrong', we have great tenants, rent is always deposited on time. The issue I am having with them is simply the amount of time and chasing up it seems to take for things to get done, and the fact they never seem to contact us about anything or return phone calls, it does seem to be us that have to be the ones who initalise contact all the time.

We have been waiting for one particular issue to be resolved since they first took management and the house was made available for rent. Despite us chasing them up about it, it still hasn't been done. They always have a reason (most like valid reasons) but it is annoying me. Over 3 months I would think things should have progressed quicker; if I were the tenant who had been promised this and it had yet to be done, I would not be happy. But even if there are real reasons for the delays, shouldn't they be keeping me, the LL, informed of this and why??? Rather then us having to ring them constantly and asking why it isn't done yet??? It is really the lack of communication that is bothering me more then the fact that it is taking so long to be done.

Maybe I'm just being impatient and unrealistic in my expectations? I am just wary that if my expectations aren't being met now while everything is peachy, then what are things going to be like if we end up with not so great tenant?

Either way, I haven't decided whether to give them more of a chance yet, or to cut my losses and try another agency. Will see if things improve now that they have been made aware of our dissatisfaction.

Just in Case though:
Does anyone know any PM's who operate in the Gungahlin area they would recommend??

Obviously those that aren't the most expensive around are preffered, but not neccessarily the deciding factor.

Who is your current PM?

I don't want to say at this point. As I have said they haven't actually done anything wrong... and I don't think they should be disadvantaged if it is simply an issue of differring expectations and communication. And if matters are resloved we may very well end up staying on with them.

(I have been known to be slightly demanding and unreasonable whilst pregnant - but don't tell my DH I've admitted to that ;) ).

I'd recommend Lindsey of L J Hooker in Dickson. He's always done a good job for me. I think they would deal with Gungahlin properties.

I have no knowledge of the other PMs in the same office.

We use PPS for our Canberra and Queanbeyan properties. Been extremely happy with them to date. Got a win at the Tribunal - that's got to be rare...

We use PPS for our Canberra and Queanbeyan properties. Been extremely happy with them to date. Got a win at the Tribunal - that's got to be rare...
Hmmm....it's not a win until they pay up. Even after tribunal they have 28 days to pay up. If they don't by that date, it moves onto the magistrates court and involves more paper work....painful process.

I don't mean to sound negative but my recent experience with the tenancy tribunal in the ACT makes me wonder if they should even bother to exist.

Cheers

Jamie

They paid in my one instance...
Couldn't agree with you more about the Tribunal. It seems to me that the law doesn't matter to them at all. My friend just had a loss - tenants broke their lease, didn't pay re-letting costs or rent until property was re-let and Tribunal said - ok...:confused: Really, is there any point to a lease at all in the ACT?

Congrats - that's an excellent result.

Yep, the old tribunal is a bit of a joke. Have you ever tried calling them and asking for info/advice :(

I've questioned the existence of the ACT lease for a while now.

Cheers

Jamie

Back