Cannot find Tenant Insurance

Hmm the damaged caused to landlord property is probably way way less than the tank/equipment/corals//fish to replace if something happened don't worry about it. Wood floors would be fine after they dried out, assuming once off accident not a regular occurence.
A reef tank of that size is $5000 or more, carpeting a room is what $500.

Hmm the damaged caused to landlord property is probably way way less than the tank/equipment/corals//fish to replace if something happened don't worry about it. Wood floors would be fine after they dried out, assuming once off accident not a regular occurence.

This is a joke right ?? :eek:

Would certainly not want a tenant in my property that wasnt concerned about doing damage to it.

A tank of that size smashing on the ground has an immense amount of weight and a lot of water, it wouldnt be a few wet floor boards, it would likely wet the whole house causing a lot of damage.

The Tank is Thermas, she can do whatever she pleases with it. The house is not Therma's & its fantastic that she is showing concern about possible damage to something that isnt her's.

I don't know why you are still confused. You are a renter. You don't have to insure the building you are living in, just your own stuff.

Figure out the value of what stuff you have.

Call 2-3 insurance companies for a quote on renter's contents and public liability insurance. Mine is from Suncorp and it's called Home & Contents Insurance and the public liability automatically covered in the policy is $20 million.

You need to know details like how old the house is, the construction materials, whether there are deadlocks on the doors, and window accessibility.

You also need to decide whether to take out any optional extras - some insurance companies offer accidental damage (like if you dropped coffee all over your computer), injury to pet options etc.

Then you will be given an option of how much excess to pay. E.g. if you pay the first $250 of a claim you pay more in premiums that if you pay for the first $500.

If you are a member of some club, like an auto club, then you may get discount, so you need to ask how you get a discount.

Choose 1.

Buy it.

Therma,
I haven't really researched this one, so can't really recommend
http://www.ebminsurance.com.au/personal-and-landlord-insurance/tenant-cover.php

It is great you are taking responsibility for your liability.

No joke, and who said there isnt concern?? We are talking about insurance and whether it would be worth it or even covered at all.
If it did happen, which is very unlikely, it is very likely normal tenant insurance wouldn't even cover it (versus landlord insurance).

And in the bigger picture if she can afford a reef tank of this size, she can
afford to rectify the damage. It sounds scary but 600 litres disappears fast :D.
I had a fish tank leak most of the water before, it was nothing compared to the dishwasher plastic hose fitting that snapped off during the day when there was no one home.
This is a joke right ?? :eek:

Would certainly not want a tenant in my property that wasnt concerned about doing damage to it.

A tank of that size smashing on the ground has an immense amount of weight and a lot of water, it wouldnt be a few wet floor boards, it would likely wet the whole house causing a lot of damage.

The Tank is Thermas, she can do whatever she pleases with it. The house is not Therma's & its fantastic that she is showing concern about possible damage to something that isnt her's.

Back