Can't Control a Field Amount

W

WebBoard

Hello All. I am using PIA Professional, version 7. In Loan Amount > Loan Type I am trying to enter the real loan A amount but PIA is continually adding another few thousand. If I correct it in Loan A PIA puts it in loan B. Since there is no loan B I delete it and PIA adds it back into loan A. I don't want this amount here. Can anyone suggest where it is coming from ?????
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Mike Sinclair

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

The logic in PIA is that you do not specify the loan amount in the Loan Interest and Type dialog because you would not see the implications of doing so on reciprocal variables. This dialog allows you to specify the structure of the loan (e.g. whether it is composed of two components, whether it is interest only, principal & interest, credit line, etc) and the interest rates.

The loan amount is generally calculated for you. It is simply the total cost of the investment (property cost + cost of any initial renovations + loan costs + any furniture costs) less any deposit you might specify (i.e. initial cash outlays, whether they be towards paying for each or any of the above items). If you choose the Loan Amount dialog, you can see all of these variables and can specify the loan amount by changing any of them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back