Can't find oven cleaner with caustic soda

Hi All

As per the topic title I can't seem to find any oven cleaner that still contains caustic soda.

In desperation I bought some of the caustic ones but they are utterly useless.

So does anybody know of any brand that still contains caustic soda or do I have to make my own and forgo the convenience of having it available in a spray can.

Cheers

Mr Muscle is caustic.

I wont buy anything caustic - many years ago I had a nasty accident with a caustic oven cleaner which you painted on with a brush. I received some serious burns when i accidently had it poured over my head.

I have used a simple caustic soda solution for cleaning oven - UR experienced Handy Andy so should be O.k just using that though of course not as good as using something that will "stick" to the walls & roof of the oven. if U can't locate a proprietry one containing caustic soda These days I get in the Oven fairy- They really do a v good job- bring ovens up like new- cost about $130. I always leave details of oven fairy for tenants so they can get them in too sez she hopefully.
Re caustic soda- I have had some adventures with it- using as a paint & varnish stripper& also to strip furniture- Dunno how I managed that with cupla toddlers running around- Musta put myself in the playpen whilst I worked- LOL

Who's the oven fairy please?
When I bought my place I cleaned the oven. Layers of grime I scraped off with a paint scraper. I think the previous owner had not cleaned the oven. ever.
I went through 3-4 cans of Mr Muscle spray-on oven cleaner and suffered the fumes.
$130 would be well worth it next time.

Back