can't wait until the elections are over!

both federal and nsw. the media pump up or rip down every time one turns on the computer or tv is already driving me nuts - and it's only 1 week.

i am neither party affiliated and think both have good and bad points - but this mornings headlines are screaming that abbott got "booed" on hey hey ... er ... sorry ... the audience were booing that red symons gonged the act. it's such a load of bs. and surely everyone knows that every monetary election promise is a lie not to be believed!

i'd much rather read about the whale that breached onto some poor guys yacht and destroyed it.

I'm with you lizzie.

I can't wait until its over so as working families we can move forward :rolleyes: and pay less tax ....stop the boats and......zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Agreed! I was over this election the day it was announced and we've still got another 4 weeks of hearing all about it everywhere we turn :(

He went on Hey Hey because today's voter treats this more as a reality TV show where they vote on who is most popular.

Forget the policies. Today's voters would vote for whichever one of them goes on Masterchef first.

We are becoming more and more American every year...

It's times like these that the Foxtel accounts looks like a bargain!!

So far the only ads we have seen have been from the electoral office.
Marg

i'd much rather read about the whale that breached onto some poor guys yacht and destroyed it.

As long as they're not those feel good stories about whales, dolphins and Pandas (a SA thing :rolleyes:).

Even though I love election campaigns I must admit some of the media and their reporting do annoy the crap out of me too.

Tell me why do they spell Labor the American way? Once upon a time it was spelled "LaboUr".

From wikipedia:

The ALP adopted the formal name "Australian Labour Party" in 1908, but changed the spelling to "Labor" in 1912. While it is standard practice in Australian English both today and at the time to spell the word labour with a "u", the party was influenced by the United States labor movement and a prominent figure in the early history of the party, the North American–born King O'Malley, was successful in having the spelling "modernised". The change also made it easier to distinguish references to the party from the labour movement in general. Furthermore, the spelling "labor" had been acceptable in both British and Australian English in earlier periods.

Back