CBA 5.79% Fixed for 2 years

Hi all,

I'm expecting that the next interest rate move would be further downwards.

So I'm asking would you fix at 5.79% for 2 years?

Cheers,
dreamgirl

Kochie was saying on the teev this morning not to fix rates yet; he reckons there's more to come.

Even so; 5's is pretty good - unless someone else has got 3's. :p

well if kochie says we have more to go - there definitely must be :)

hard to know whether to fix or not. Some say its hard to beat the house, but surely there is that finite period where you can.

On a positive note - if that is the case - banks think that our interest rates would be averaging somewhere around this level for a while to come yet.

well if kochie says we have more to go - there definitely must be :)

hard to know whether to fix or not. Some say its hard to beat the house, but surely there is that finite period where you can.

On a positive note - if that is the case - banks think that our interest rates would be averaging somewhere around this level for a while to come yet.

Fixed rates = Bank buys money from money market resells it with their margin.

You are not betting against the bank with fixes rates. You are taking the markets opinion and the bank is tacking on their margin. They also add a break costs if you want to get out of the loan and rates have moved against them.

They can't lose.

And he isn't very pro property either.

KY

None of those financial dudes are it would seem.

They've all come from a background of financial planning probably; shares, super.

I follow Noel Whittaker a bit; he's a good bloke, but he goes on, and on and on about super, a bit of shares here and there, budgeting and income protection type advice.

Back