Challenging Rates

Hello,

Has anyone had much luck challenging rates. Basically i have found out numerous houses in my area receive 50-100% more rent than my house but only pay 5-10% more in rates and the GRV is only about 10% higher.
The problem is my GRV is roughly right based on my rent but obviously many others GRV is very low.
Can i challenge this on the basic on inequity? eg my rent is 1/2 theirs so my rates (which is based on rent) should be 1/2 theirs?

Anyone had any experiences in this?

In WA btw

cheers

SM

my GRV on a particular property halved in 2011. apparently they changed the calculation from 5% of property value to something else?

the whole process is rotten

I have looked at GRV in the area it is nonsense and grossly unfair. My house which is tiny has a GRV approximately correct on the rates notice however next door has a GRV about 15% higher than mine but it is a huge almost mansion which will rent for 100-150% more than my house. Have seen many houses in the area with GRV's similar to mine but earn 50-150% more rent.
I have read the rates dispute form with the valuer general and it says you can dispute it on inequality which is what this sounds like to me.

Back