Champagne

At settlement of every IP, I shout my self a bottle of fine champers. I've had the bolly and the moet.

I am due to settle tomorrow and would like to continue the tradition. Question is....I think I'm going to save the dom for a deal over a million, and as this one is just shy of, what is the next best drop?

Cheers!!!!

V

Why don't you buy a VB long neck in a brown paper bag. Same result. :D

At settlement of every IP, I shout my self a bottle of fine champers. I've had the bolly and the moet.

I am due to settle tomorrow and would like to continue the tradition. Question is....I think I'm going to save the dom for a deal over a million, and as this one is just shy of, what is the next best drop?

Cheers!!!!

V

I've had them all and its the clean skins for 6 bucks that I enjoy the most. You never know what you are going to get but I've never had a bad one yet !

i agree with BT that its not whats on the fromt of the label, its knowing what you like , and how its produced, if you know your grape and your oak its great and rewarding challange to get a good red for $8.
but saying this i always get a grange for myself when isell over a million $ home .

A month ago I won the Budweiser Buddy Up Tightar$e of the Month award.
So, it will come as no suprise that each settlement day I fork out no more than $6 at Dan Murphy for a bottle of Hardy's champs.
As evand says, "same result".
Some may think this a little extravagant, but like I say, it's only money. Besides, it isn't even real, it's just zeros and ones on a computer disk.

Your funny rob, I suppose the important thing is trying to find the ballence between enjoying the fruits of our labor and hiding it away ,to pass it on to our kids when we are dead.

enjoying the fruits of our labor

LOL.

There is a Lindeman's which is yum - Bin something, something, something. Under $20 and has won best champers under $20 or some such award.

I stick with the Australian stuff if I can - and I'm also a tart@rse about such things!!

Ahhh the power of bubbles !!! :D

Congrats on your newest venture Miss V

My recommendation would be Cristal.

http://www.champagne.fr/en_indx.html

http://www.wealthandluxury.com/best-champagne.php

Choose one from here and you can't go wrong. :)

The krug looks good!:eek:

Funnily enough I'm normally a xxxx gold/udl/under $20 a bottle kinda girl, but this is one time I luuurve to splurge. And I'll be drinking it around a campfire tomorrow night so can't think of anything better.

Cheers (hic)

V

Being not very big drinkers, our family has a tradition of sharing a carton of choc milk with everyone else to celebrate the occassion whenever anyone purchases a property.

Funnily enough, we never drink the stuff at any other time.

Whenever anyone walks in with a carton or two of choc milk, it's always a great cause of mirth.

A couple of years ago when we paid off our PPoR, we invited everyone around to open a bottle of Dom. We all thought it was rubbish, so much so that we quickly went down and bought 3 cartons of choc milk to get the taste out of our mouths.

It confirmed something about us what someone said to me on this forum last year - money doesn't breed class. Too right cobber.

It's just as well people mention champers. Because the French no longer let us use the word champagne for the Australian product.

So I note that Aldi has french champagne for $29.99 per bottle.

We are over buying expensive champagnes, wines and scotches.
After the 2-3rd glass, they all taste the same. We now settle for a nice one on special, such as Ricadonna.

Besides, I have NEVER had a hangover with Bollinger! :p

Cheers
LynnH

Obviously you don't drink enough of it at the time! :D

This is a great thread; my (almost) favourite subject - alcoholic poisoning.

I'm a bit partial to a Plunkett's chardy at the moment. Great price at Dan Murphy's if you're interested.

Although tonight I've partaken of a coupla Boag's Premium Lager.

Isn't Dan Murphys great.
Get this, over Xmas may partner saw scotch on special, his precious Chivas Regal for $40.00. I thought he was only going to buy about 6 of them, He came home with 22 bottles of Scotch, a few diff brands. $875.88 later......

Back