Changes to Superannuation...?

Its not just the risk of taxation changes to superannuation, theres also the risk of changes/removal of negative gearing, land tax rates and changes/removal of the thresholds, removal or more stringent means testing of middleclass wealfare (already seen this with private healthcover recently) these all cost the government revenue.

Do find it humerous that people hold out great hope of a Liberal Federal government being any better, yet to see it at a state level.

I suggest you read the post again. I never made any statement about your weight. I said IF you are 'doddering around' at 70, then that is because you didn't eat properly or exercise. In her early 70's, my grandma was still riding her pushbike to church, which was 5 or 6 k's from her place. 70 is still young enough to be pretty active, but only if you're healthy.

If only life was like that! I lost two friends to breast cancer last year, 50 and 46 year old. I have another 3 friends fighting it now, 39, 42, 50. And a 7 year fighting a childhood cancer.

Do find it humerous that people hold out great hope of a Liberal Federal government being any better, yet to see it at a state level.
That's probably because it takes time to unravel the complete financial chaos and debt the labor governments left each state where they governed. NSW labor had 14 years to run up a huge debt, ... it can't be wiped out in a couple of years of liberal govt, ... same in Qld ..... it requires fiscal responsibility.

Regarding federal liberal, ... I thought the Howard/Costello govt did a pretty good job ...... must have been nice for Rudd and co to inherit a surplus, ... I'm sure Tony won't inherit one.

Mystery

Last edited:
I also think that the Howard/Costello govt did well. Unfortunately, the spin that Howard looked over confident and arrogant, while Costello looked smug and grinning seemed to be a decisive factor to voters who opted for change over proven performance, just to spite them.

It seems they tried the same strategy of spin on TA, misogynist and conservative out-of-touch cloister walker. Let's see whether they can resist it.

Back