Changing carpet

Hi All

I am looking to change upstrair carpet in my townhouse.

Did some research and read many horrible stories :eek:

Any recommendation on particular retailer and tradeaman, or advice on how I can approach? I am in Brisbane.

TIA

not yet... give me a few weeks!

would be interested to know what some of the horror stories are, so I can plan to overcome them.

we went to carpet court. initiallly the service was good but the sales person has been very slack in returning calls etc. still we have it on order now, and I hope it looks OK

I wasn't impressed by cc. Lack of customer service even before I made a purchase decision at Chatswood. I ended up going to an independent in Drummoyne.

On another site I had a totally different experience at Padstow.
Just shop around & ask all your questions before buying.

not yet... give me a few weeks!

would be interested to know what some of the horror stories are, so I can plan to overcome them.

we went to carpet court. initiallly the service was good but the sales person has been very slack in returning calls etc. still we have it on order now, and I hope it looks OK

I think you just google some recognised retailers like carpet call then it will come up with some reviews from other people.

It seems that most retailer do not have much quality control over subcontractors who do the actual job so it is something like a black box.

Of course I can ask all the questions to a retailer before making a decision but I am hoping to get a good recommendation based on real experience.

if it is a rental - be careful about the colour of carpet you choose.

Obviously a light carpet will not last very long.

if it is a rental - be careful about the colour of carpet you choose.

Obviously a light carpet will not last very long.

and in PPOR's as well! I spilled a whole cup of Milo in the middle of the bedroom floor the other day.
glad the new carpet hasnt been installed yet!!

Back