Changing Property Managers

Our current property management/leasing agreement is on a standard REIV template. I can't seem to find anything which says how much notice you need to give your manager to terminate their services.

What is the usual length of notice required?

If an end of lease is nigh, does the leasing/management agreement expire automatically until you sign up for another?

Anne-Marie

28 days, and no, in that order :)

28 days notice is required, and the authority does not expire until you give notice irrespective of the tenancy situation.

hope this helps

asy :D

Hi,

I'd suggest checking the form you filled out in the first place when engaging the REA as PMs. It might be 30 days or more - keep reading.)

I'm just filling out a PAMD Form 20a "Appointment of Agent - Letting and Property Management" which is the relevant form for residential properties in QLD and it has the following:

4.2 Typ of Appointment
The appointment is a :
[ ] Single appointment (for a particular service
[X] Continuing appointment (for a number of services over a period)
End of continuing appointment 30 days notice in writing by either party
To the Client: If the appointment is a continuing appointment, you may revoke the appointment by giving 90 days notice in writing to the Agent, unless you and the Agent agree to a shorter notice period (but it must not be less than 30 days)

The REA I am about to sign with had already filled out the form with 30 days by either party.

HTH

raoul

Back