Changing title from joint tenants to tenants in common

What costs are incurred from changing our PPOR from joint tenants (wife and I) to tenants in common 99% share to be me and 1% share to be my wife?

Do we have to pay stamp duty in order to arrange this?

What costs are incurred from changing our PPOR from joint tenants (wife and I) to tenants in common 99% share to be me and 1% share to be my wife?

Do we have to pay stamp duty in order to arrange this?

Stamp duty should not be payable if it is a PPOR. I helped arrange this for my parents a few years ago with their PPOR in Melb. From memory, it was several hundred dollars for registering title and the solicitors fees.

The details are not close at hand now, but amongst some other items attended to including testamentary trusts and POA's, the whole deal came to less than one thousand, so the tenants in common would I dare say be still only a few hundred dollars to set up.

Stamp duty should not be payable if it is a PPOR. I helped arrange this for my parents a few years ago with their PPOR in Melb. From memory, it was several hundred dollars for registering title and the solicitors fees.

The details are not close at hand now, but amongst some other items attended to including testamentary trusts and POA's, the whole deal came to less than one thousand, so the tenants in common would I dare say be still only a few hundred dollars to set up.

Is it the same for NSW regarding the stamp duty? That is my main concern, as if I have to pay that, then it is not really worth changing.

Back