Charlotte's Web - is Wilbur the World's best Pig?

Friend of fam just had a much longed for baby girl - Charlotte.
My mum bought a copy of "Charlotte's Web" and a stuffed pig (Wilbur) to go with it. I want to put a ribbon around it's neck like the prize at the show.

Question about Wilbur in Charlotte's Web. Is the prize he win's "World's Best Pig"

Maybe someone with kids will know. It might be on rotation at your house.

Can anyone confirm the actual wording of the prize?

Don't know about the last one he wins, but
some pig
terrific
radiant
humble

was the webs...

I don't think it was worlds best pig though...he lost to the fat pig but then got another prize didn't he?

Salutations.
:D

My kids have the book and I've just had a quick look.
"I have the honour of awarding a special prize of twenty-five dollars to Mr Zuckerman, together with a handsome bronze medal suitably engraved, in token of our appreciation of the part played by this pig - this radiant, this terrific, this humble pig - in attracting so many visitors to our great County Fair."
But no mention of what was actually engraved (at least that I can see).

We have the movie too (the Dakota Fanning version) so if someone else can't fill you in I can pull it out later and have a look, and see what the producers decided.

Caroline

Thanks so much Lily and eXc, I now have the necessary info to make the tag.

Geoff I won't ask. I want the only associations I have to be the sweet, innocent associations I have from the book. Tho' funny how once certain info is in our head it is lodged "gud 'n propah".

Back