Chatswood meetup Wed 8th July ?

It was great meeting with fellow SSers....nice putting faces to people like Josko & HandyAndy. Also met people who I have not conversed with like Tatiana and Marianna...

Lynn.....nice to see you again. I agree with you about the guy who was anti-property....boy was he lost!

why would someone anti-property ever turn up at RE meetup?:confused:
unless he came based solely on the description on meetup.com:
"come along and have a chat about real estate, shares, managed funds, business, or anything else you like over coffee or a meal."
which obviously was'nt the the case.
Maybe you should've taken the time to find out what he thought made a good investment.

Maybe you should've taken the time to find out what he thought made a good investment.
Maybe we did...and we still couldn't see eye to eye. ;)

I love chatting to a range of people with different opinions and attitudes...helps get rid of my own blinkers temporarily, and at times reinforces my beliefs.

And some spent years treating people on this forum as if they had no eyes at all, blind following the blind, and they lost their money.
Fortunately I had 2 eyes and was on the opposite side of the trade though.

hi all
I didn't talk about property
but did have a chat about investing
but most would not have noticed me as I was the quiet one
and most peoplke will most likley have missed I was there at all:D:D

I actually had a really good chat to him - he is into buy-and-hold shares plus trading LICs (buy when trading below NTA). Actually has enough money to retire and live off his sharemarket investments if he chooses to.

It wasn't just a real estate meeting - I never advertised it as such, it was an investor meeting. It just happened that the majority of people who showed up are real estate investors who have relatively little interest in anything else.

why would someone anti-property ever turn up at RE meetup?:confused:
unless he came based solely on the description on meetup.com:
"come along and have a chat about real estate, shares, managed funds, business, or anything else you like over coffee or a meal."
which obviously was'nt the the case.

It wasn't a RE meeting. But as most people were from this forum it turned out that way.

Piston Broke you seem to make a lot of assumptions.

I noticed you Grossreal. I will Email you soon.

Hi everyone,

Just saw this thread and would have attended if it was a few days earlier...
another meeting anytime soon?

I'm new to RE investing... would have loved to meet up and hear your experience and stories...

thanks!

hi all
and there I was thinking no body noticed me.
I think it would be good for people to attend networking groups and give there two penny worth
as thats the way we all find out what people are investing in
and maybe you might find you wish to invest in some thng you would not normally invest in
these types of meeting don't relly have an agenda but end up not because of an agenda but because of who turns up
for me I had fun talking to a funanicial guru and if you weren't ther you missed here and no don't post what she does you have to meet her for her to tell you.
it spoils the fun if you all tell

she knows who she is
and so do I so thatfine and also the others that went there also know
if she wishes to say thats fine for her
is she a guru
for me yes for her particular industry I think she must be one of the highest in her class
but thats just my view

I think I learnt heaps about funancial managment

It wasn't a RE meeting. But as most people were from this forum it turned out that way.
Piston Broke you seem to make a lot of assumptions.
I noticed you Grossreal. I will Email you soon.

If I was making assumptions I would'nt be asking questions.
As for the "poor guy in the corner" given what Sim posted, my assumption was that maybe he something of value to share, seems to be have been a good assumption

As for making "assumptions", guess what? That's what investing is about.
Are you making the assumption that the value of RE will keep growing?
If not, then why are you investing?
Are you making the assumption that interest rates won;t go down much when you fix yours?
Yeah, I make assumptions, and over a period of 20+ yrs they been better than 95% of other people's.
So I'll stick with them.

sorry i missed it guys.... will keep an eye out for the next meetup and try to attend. Wouldnt mind putting faces to names and talking shop for a while :)

Back