cheap aircon - $499

That's a great deal dependent on what they sting you for delivery. The delivery estimator on the website is down at the moment.

I paid $499 for the 2.6kw reverse cycle from my local Retravision last year.

Rooster

Assume you would have to get someone to install it too? Looks like a cheap addition to my granny flat build
Sorry don't know much about Aircons

Assume you would have to get someone to install it too? Looks like a cheap addition to my granny flat build
Sorry don't know much about Aircons

You need a qualified installer to this for you. The installation can easily exceed the cost of this air-con but for a single storey back to back installation, it wouldn't be much more than $600. I believe you need certifications/qualifications to handle the gasses, perform the necessary electrical work, etc.

Maybe not - you're looking at around $1000 for the air-con and installation. I'd probably only consider it if the heat becomes absolutely unbearable during summer and if you benefit from the dehumidifying the air.

Sorry, I just re-read and saw "granny flat build". If you're adding it while installing, as saiman mentioned, it would be cheap, though presumably not free to include it. It's also the best time to install it. May only cost a couple of hundred on top of the unit price of $499.

Last edited:
Hi Menty,

If you are including the aircon as an addition to your granny flat build I would just get your sparky or builder to install it whilst they are doing everything else for nothing if not next to nothing

This is what I did with my build only difference was it also came with a free aircon unit :D

Back