cheap frosted glass sliding wardrobe doors

with a bit of fiddling you can convert the ikea pax frosted glass sliding doors to work with your inbuilts easiest and most expensive way would be to just fit the usual cowdroy robemaker type runners or with a bit of creativity you can mount the supplied hanging rail and rollers and ditch the bottom track for plastic guides (pictured). the doors are only $400 a pair with rails for the 2metre wide ones which i think represents great value and the plastic guides are a few bucks each. dont think ive been through $100 in materials for the framework.

baught the doors before i worked out how to fit them so im stoked it worked out and had to share. ps arcs etc are still to come

Attachments

• 2012-03-31 17.12.15.jpg
    2012-03-31 17.12.15.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 270
  • 2012-03-31 17.11.50.jpg
    2012-03-31 17.11.50.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 2012-04-08 17.08.36.jpg
    2012-04-08 17.08.36.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 251
I'm curious as to how much it would cost to get doors to suit the opening.

The Ikea doors look nice, but at $400 a pair, how much cheaper are they than say from a wardrobe place?

I'm curious as to how much it would cost to get doors to suit the opening.

The Ikea doors look nice, but at $400 a pair, how much cheaper are they than say from a wardrobe place?

I tried really hard but could not find anything cheaper than twice that price was quoted up to $750 per door and i think that was just stuck in a standard mirror door type frame I think the panel look is abit nicer probably alot cheaper to manufacture aswell (next closest was flatpax at bunnings but they are only 2m high and are $750 per pair) im yet to do the master bedroom which were $450 for the 2.5m ones, that size were a bomb from a wardrobe place. the best thing about these is there is no track on the floor (although fitting the floor track non hanging type would have been easier) so the carpet will run underneath to the back of the wardrobe (no scabby piece of poor fitting offcut carpet in the wardrobe) the blades at the bottom are always hidden behind the door overlap, was going to build a track on the bottom of the doors for the blades but the weight of the door seem to hold it against them nicely.

Back