Cheapest House in Morningside QLD, and interesting project

A really interesting house on 800m2 lot at offers over $349k

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-morningside-114865999

Possibly rear lot split on the new plan but would have to bridge the drain in the middle. Would take me a couple of hours to work out whether anything was possible or not.

There is precedent for a bridge over the drain next door and the land on the otherside of the drain is higher. But you have to ensure that no more than access is nor more than 1m below flood level. A hydraulic engineer would be your friend on this one.

After subdivision, would the front block be usable?
I assumed you can only put a bridge over the drainage, but cant build anything on top of it.
My only concern is the frontage is 10m and providing side access to the rear subdivision be a problem.
Also your other next door, the front set back is more than yours, so when you demolish and build new, the average left and right would be a concern?
The front block 'as is' measured to the drainage is about 300-350m. A side access to rear would take this down to 250-300m2, and is a large front set back then I would the front block is deemed unusable.

Lastly the vehicle access to rear block. Would the vehicle be reversed out to the main road, or they have the ability to do a 3 or 4 point turn, then drive out?

I noticed a few months back when number 12 was first advertised for sale and daydreamed about having three dwellings on the block.. I overlayed the contour for the minimum habitable level and it already encroaches the rear dwelling.. the cost of the bridge also put me off.

Buying number 8 & 12 together might be worthwhile for somone with deep pockets?

It has been on the market for like 7 or 8 months. I've followed it for a while, but can't imagine what to do with it due to that drain and the frontage.

I think I remember the price on it starting around a dreaming $485k or so.

Back