Chinese miner eyes Perth suburbs

I was looking at the news regarding the Chinese purchase of farms in NZ, which led to a post on purchases of land in Iceland, which then led to this surprise..I must've missed it

There's gold in them thar hills ;)

Chinese miner eyes suburbs

A Chinese Government-owned mining company has made an audacious bid to explore for gold and other precious minerals across vast parts of Perth's eastern suburbs.

In documents submitted to the WA Department of Mines and Petroleum, HD Mining and Investment has applied for a mineral exploration licence over about 150sqkm of the metropolitan area.

Among the areas covered by the application are virtually all of Perth Airport, parts of the Swan River, more than a dozen suburbs including Ascot, Kalamunda and Lesmurdie and two national parks.

The brazen application was lodged at the beginning of last month by the Waterford-based explorer, which is a subsidiary of Chinese Government-controlled Shandong Provincial Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources.

Taking its title from the wealthy province of the same name on China's east coast, Shandong also bankrolls Perth-based junior mining company Bauxite Resources, which has a contentious mining proposal at Bindoon north of Perth.

The mining exploration industry said HD Mining's move appeared to be unprecedented. Mines Minister Norman Moore warned the firm to expect the most stringent level of assessment a project could face.

"Anyone can apply for a mining exploration licence but whether they get it or not is another thing," Mr Moore said. He moved to allay concerns from households and businesses, saying a miner would need their consent before being allowed to explore on their land

Cont..

Source

Original story

NZ approves dairy farm sale to China

The New Zealand government has approved the controversial sale of 16 dairy farms to a Chinese company.

Government ministers today rubber-stamped the Overseas Investment Office decision which allows Shanghai Pengxin to buy the Crafar Farms for an estimated $150 million.

Before going into receivership in 2009, Crafar Farms was New Zealand's largest family-owned dairy business, running 20,000 cows on the North Island

Source

Attachments

• Kiwi.JPG
    Kiwi.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 72
i said this crap would happen here - always buy the tenement under your land, or at least register a new one.

it's a few hundred dollars and well worth the protection.

I thought you were a gold bug Aaron ??

i kinda hate that term, but i do believe gold is in the middle of a bull run, if that's what you mean.

i would rather not have the acid leaching out of holding pools from local refineries into the swan and groundwater.

but hey, i'm not the one with campaign funding from an international organisation.

Back