Cirque: Michael Jackson

Anybody see it???

Im a big MJ fan, went to see it last weekend,

reviews were pretty poor, so was bracing for the worst

loved it so much went the next day again alone!!

that mansour Abdessadok is a friggin genious

I saw it in Sydney two weeks ago. Thought it was amazing and will definitely see it again if I ever have the chance. My husband was very cynical beforehand but even he thought it was great. Really well done IMO - the performers are all so talented :)

I didn't like it at all.
I couldn't work out whether it was a Cirque du Soleil show without the circus bit. Or a Michael Jackson show without Michael Jackson.

It's the second time I've seen Cirque du Soleil at Homebush and I don't think I'd do it again. The first time I saw them they were in a tent and it seemed to work better, but they obviously can't pack as many people into a tent.

I didn't like it at all.
I couldn't work out whether it was a Cirque du Soleil show without the circus bit. Or a Michael Jackson show without Michael Jackson.

It's the second time I've seen Cirque du Soleil at Homebush and I don't think I'd do it again. The first time I saw them they were in a tent and it seemed to work better, but they obviously can't pack as many people into a tent.
The show was in tents? ;-)

I didn't like it at all.

I get what you mean, its a catch 22 for them,

put too much acrobatics in it, the usual stuff from cirque, and then it becomes a circus with a MJ theme, which would annoy most and mj fans

put very little acrobatics in it, then it becomes a MJ tribute show, which would annoy MJ and cirque fans

have some lookalike perform exactly like MJ would, and then you would annoy the MJ and cirque

Back