Cockatoos

Hi All,

I feed King parrots,crimson rosellas,eastern rosellas etc in the backyard but the cockies are annoying.

I throw rocks at them and they think it's a game.

Who needs an alarm clock,when you have these noisy buggers!

I'm erring towards a slingshot and shooting corn at them or buy a spud gun.

There are hundreds of cockies around,why aren't they on the menu lol such as kangaroo and croc?

I'll try eating one,one day :D

Cheers Spades.

They aren't on menus because no one has worked out how to make them taste any good. ;)

Cockatoo cordon bleu :p

Ingredients:

4 slices ham
4 slices Swiss cheese
8 plain cockatoo breasts
2 cups breadcrumbs
Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon finely chopped sage
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1 egg, lightly whisked
2 tablespoons olive oil
30g butter
Steamed chat potatoes and green beans, to serve

Everyone will love these stylish cockatoo schnitzels with ham and melted cheese inside.:D

If you keep feeding them, they will keep coming.

Should you ever decide to stop feeding them please get advice from NPWS as they can get very vindictive.

If you or any neighbours have exposed timber on your houses they will eat that instead.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/a...hood-as-tearaways-move-in-20110324-1c8lv.html

Hey Macca,

Read that article ages ago but thanks all the same :)

All i want is to feed the parrots,no issue with cockatoos chewing my house and the neighbors.

Plenty of food around for them anyway,there big and fat,homer simpson would love them lol.

If they get vindictive,i'll shoot and eat later :p

Cheers Spades.

They are destructive. I wouldn't mind if they eat all the crops they destroy, but they don't. They cut whole heads off sunflowers and other crops and leave most behind for the pigs. Then they chew through TV antennas on homes and radio aerials on machinery just for the fun of it.

See ya's.

They are destructive. I wouldn't mind if they eat all the crops they destroy, but they don't. They cut whole heads off sunflowers and other crops and leave most behind for the pigs. Then they chew through TV antennas on homes and radio aerials on machinery just for the fun of it.

See ya's.

lovable rogues :p I love cockies waaaaahhhh!

Back