Comments on Parks at Streeton

A friend is looking at buying some land (to build his PPOR on) in Qld specifically the Parks at Streeton release.

I'll call the estate manager tomorrow for more info, but if anybody knows anything about it, I'd appreciate a reply here, or a PM, or an email. The estate manager is Connor Bryan.

Thanks and regards

Paul Zag
Dreamspinner

Oh bugger! :p Not a single answer!

C'mon gang we used to be able to comment on these things.

The web site is at http://www.theparks.com.au/

CAn I at least have some ideas of locale and investment factors/analysis some people might make?

Thanks in advance (and this proves I don't know everything!)

Paul Zag
Dreasmpinner

Late reply, but..

Stretton is a suburb about 20km south of Brisbane, and about 15 minutes to the SE freeway via Sunnybank. Then it's another 15 minutes to the City via SE freeway. It's a new suburb with many new homes.

It is relatively far from the city, but handy to Springwood where there is an IKEA and many other shops. It is also relatively close to Sunnybank where there is a large Chinese presence and more shops!

It could be said that it is a good suburb with many upmarket houses, and it's next to Karawatha reserve, not a very well known place, but popular with campers and cyclists. It has a large old quarry and nice bushland around it.

I can not say too much on the investment side, though houses there are all quite new, and are populated by a lot of Taiwanese. Many of whom have built quite large mansions there on acreage land. Some you wouldn't believe, with huge porticos and grand entries, adorned with corinthian columns. The Parks is development is just a bit down the road and is located next to Karawatha reserve, and rural land.

As a suburb, it is on the outskirts of Brisbane City and verging on being part of Logan City, though Stretton is quite a bit more upmarket than it's surrounding suburbs.

Hope that helps.

Back