Contract of sale template

Does anyone have a standard fill-in-the-blanks Contract of Sale for
Victoria? Word, postscript of PDF are fine.

Thanks
andy

Andy,

Best idea, IMHO, is to talk to the solicitor who will end up doing your conveyancing.

Get them to do you a Contract of Sale.

They usually don't charge much, if anything extra.

And it is worth it to know that the contract has been done right, and will not be voidable.

hope this helps.

asy :D

what Asy said! get it done right.

There was an earlier thread about where can I get a contract...much useful comment there.

But I am too much of a luddite to post the link...

Cheers
N.

Normally this would be my course of action but in this case I'm buying a property off my parents so there's no problem with a hostile vendor.

As I see it I want to do everything in this case as cheaply as possible, it's coming straight off my bottom line. Normally what you get from a solicitor is peace of mind that the job is being done right but in this case I don't require all the frills.

andy

Andrew

I understand the sentiment - I know I trust my family implicitly and without reservation...but perhaps that is all the more reason to document it properly?

Also, as it is not an arm's length sale you should probably get a "friendly" agent's or agents' letter/s giving you an opinion on value for stamp duty purposes.

You can probably buy a contract from either the REIV or your newsagent...

but remember, a contract is a bit like a chainsaw - a useful tool, but mishandle it and you'll lose a limb!

Good luck
N.

Try contacting Ashley at Low Cost Conveyancing, (details below)

Talk to him, tell him what's going on, and ask him for either a contract, or a quote to help you transfer the property.

He is very malleable in his views, and will be able to help you get a legal contract, with as much or as little assistance as you require, and will be able to navigate through the bank/title side of the conveyance.

Tell him how much you require of him, and that he will be working effectively for both sides, and that it's a family transfer.

Won't hurt to get a quote.

his email is: [email protected] , Phone 9689 7877.

let us know how you go,

hope that helps.

asy :D

Back