Contract question and price

Hi all,

Just a fairly simple question. Looking at a PPOR, inspected it last week, and dropped into the real estate to get a copy of the contract prior to making an offer.

I didn't bother reviewing the contract at the agency, as I have just started to do so. I've just noticed that the agent has pre-filled the offer amount. The price written in the contract is well under the advertised price, which has got me puzzled.

I'll phone the agent in the morning to clarify, but is it a reasonable assumption that the price in the contract is what the vendor is willing to let it go for?

I'm still taking the contract for legals, etc, just thought I'd browse through it myself.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Just a fairly simple question. Looking at a PPOR, inspected it last week, and dropped into the real estate to get a copy of the contract prior to making an offer.

I didn't bother reviewing the contract at the agency, as I have just started to do so. I've just noticed that the agent has pre-filled the offer amount. The price written in the contract is well under the advertised price, which has got me puzzled.

I'll phone the agent in the morning to clarify, but is it a reasonable assumption that the price in the contract is what the vendor is willing to let it go for?

I'm still taking the contract for legals, etc, just thought I'd browse through it myself.

Thanks.

It could be a typo from a previous contract (maybe a previous offer that was rejected)?

Unusual for a contract to be completed with a price- perhaps it was a previous offer? Best of luck with your purchase.

A contract that was forwarded to me on the week end had:

- the wrong suburb

- the wrong LEP attached

- sewerage diagram from next door

- missing inclusions not noted

So, always review a contract at the agents office.

In your case, if the price is below what you want to ask, then just go for it.

Back