Cost breakdowns and valuations

Hi guys,

I'm currently putting together an application for the bank (for 6 apartments) who are requiring a bank panel valuation and a full cost breakdown from a QS.

The valuations are being quoted at around $3k and my cost breakdown and dep report from a QS at around $3500.

Does anyone have any experience with this and know if this is pretty standard? Or am i way off the mark and there's a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Morty

Usually anything over 5 is treated as a commercial deal and unless you have extensive experience in such developments a QS would be requested. The fees don't seem all that excessive.

What is the goal for the 6 appartments once completed and what LVR are you looking at? There maybe a cheaper option.

Regards
Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I'm actually wanting to keep all six apartments so i'm trying to make the application as professional as possible. LVR will be around 65-70% depending on my final build costs (still getting quotes) so hopefully it's doable.

I'm building the apartments through my own building company for an investment company i've got a 1/5th share in. The banks would prefer pre-sales but it seems to be adding up so i won't need them.

Thanks for letting me know about the costings. I thought they were probably ok but just wanted another opinion.

Cheers
Morty

Back