Cost of a transportable home

I am looking at buying a 3br timber frame 1960 SAHT (85 squ m) on a 2000 square metre block 100 KM north of ADELAIDE.
House was transported 3 years ago to the site.
I am trying to work out the cost of doing it today to work out how much to offer?

Cost of second hand SAHT $10,000
Transport in two loads and join and level $12,000
Septic tank $5,000
Land $4000
Connection to services $3,000
Paint and carpet $4,000 total $38,000

Or for new
Cost of new transportable (3 BR 80 squ m) $48,000
Transport - included
Septic $5,000
Land $4,000
Connection to services $3,000 total $60,000

I am a bit uncertain about the cost of the second hand SAHT
All my costs are quesses so any comments would be welcome.

*SAHT - south australian housing trust

Stirling

Striling

From Qld your figures are close....
Up here its abt 45K for a relocated home on a block...so your not too far from the case.

Dave P:)

Dear Stirling,

-Connection to services. 3k I believe is a bit low. One I am currently looking at needs 2.5k for electrical connections and 4k for the plumbing.

-Council approvals. This can vary considerably and could range from 3-5k depending on how many houses are on the site.

Other things:
-High or lowset? (Cost consideration for stumping. What type of stumps?)
-Stairs?
-Fenced?
-Level block? (If block was not level would have to have paid to fix this.)
-Soil test.
-Landscaped?
-Roadworks/driveway/Kerbing?
-Carport/Garage?

-Temporary financing of council bond.

Paint and carpet. Is the paint internal and external? Are you doing it yourself or having someone paint it for you? Carpet........ Believe that you should be allowing more for this combination.

Relocation damage. Remember damage is done on every house relocation. Whilst you can negotiate into your agreement for major damage to be fixed you will still have to budget for repairing cracks etc.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hi Sterling,

Your prices are cheaper than Brisbane but I will post what it has just cost me to move a house onto a block just before xmas 2002.

Clear old house stumps/concrete slab/landfill $4k (60t concrete out, 200t dirt in)
House private buy $30k (110 yr old worker cottage)
Land 1012m2 $139k
move $18.8k - split shift (cut in 2 in laymans talk)
restumping (1.2m high, adjustable) $5.5k
anchoring (movers $20each @ 37posts=$720, did myself $20 all up)
cross bracing btn bays - $0 (didn't need but if your raising ??)
new roof $14.5k (BCC wants new roof house moves)
fixing floor/ceiling damage from move $200
new back steps $100
front fence $600 (did myself)
electrician to fix move $300
Plumbing - water on, connecting sewerage, stormwater - plumber free, still cost $1.5k
Batten under house $400
Second hand carpet $200
More soil for under turf $720 (60t)
Turf $1.2k

Now add on:
Solicitor $1k
Private certifier $1.5k (BCC wont let you submit plans yourself)
Draftsman $880 (includes soil test)
BCC want $10k bond, which they still have until I meet all their requirements (20 something, 1/2 relate to before the house is moved). They include battens under, fixing railings to new specs on verandah and stairs, new roof and painting the whole house!.
BCC charged $275 to cut a 6ft tree down and trim another to get house out of sellers place.
I probably haven't even remembered some of the costs, not to mention the stress. I have done lots and lots of labouring on this site also which I haven't costed in.
This is my PPOR, total spent about $220k but add rent while doing it and loan repayments = $230k aprox. Value now about $270k.

Sorry for the saga, I know some of this won't apply for you but you did say any comments would be welcome :)
Hope this helps,
Chris

Back