cost of transporting houses

Just been browsing houses and noticed quiet a few in western sydney (particularly ex housing commission in 2770 postcode) on corner blocks.

These houses are positioned quiet odd (diagonally to the street frontage)

Looking at blacktown council requirement 600+sqm corner blocks can be subdivided as long as each block has 300sqm each which has to include 80sqm private space (lot more than most other councils).

Wondering what the cost would be to shift the house (i guess restump) in a better position and maybe relocate another house for the second property (one of those free houses etc)

Also how would it work with council with relocating a house from another site (im guessing the owners would want to get rid of the house in a lot less time than council would take to approve the plans)

There is something I'm learning very quickly,
And it isn't quite right nor would I recommend it for those who aren't 100% confident with these decisions.

And that is, if you know the rules well enough, it can be in your best interest just to start the construction according to what would be approved anyways, and lodge the forms as your in the process.

If it all meets spec, they have to approve it. It speeds up time.

that was my thought as well although i would prefer not to do so

Also wondering what the costs of relocation of homes would be
1) the home on the site to be positioned in a more suitable location on the block
2) the home that comes from another site?

for 1) i have no idea
for 2) i have read that it could be >$50k mark which brings the idea of would it be better off putting in a low quality granny flat type/ kit considering the size of the house would only be 70-80m2 (small 2-3 bedroom that competes with the current houses there) and allows potential to resell that with fhog to eligible buyers

Back