Cost ofa new roof?

just wondering, my research thus far has only yielded threads about 7 years old,

how much would it cost to replace an old hole ridden roof, 3 bdr say 70-90sqm standard semi regional/metro home, its currently got an iron roof,

not concnered about the replacement being tile or iron, just cheaper the better I guess,

what am I up for? previous threads have said $8k

just wondering, my research thus far has only yielded threads about 7 years old,

how much would it cost to replace an old hole ridden roof, 3 bdr say 70-90sqm standard semi regional/metro home, its currently got an iron roof,

not concnered about the replacement being tile or iron, just cheaper the better I guess,

what am I up for? previous threads have said $8k

I replied to a similar request recently. I'd budget about $15k for colorbond for that size.

edit: just found the reply i was referring to. http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88793&highlight=colorbond

Thats not a very large roof, I'd say between 10k and 14k. Will need new roof battens, new gutters and downpipes, also removal of rubbish, old roof etc. Plus insulation blanket.
You won't be able to put tiles on it, so stick to colorbond.

Scott.

main.jpg

thanks guys, its this one,

was really hoping or under $10k,
or am i dreaming?

main.jpg

thanks guys, its this one,

was really hoping or under $10k,
or am i dreaming?

You may get close to $10k, but you'd be lucky.

Is it just appearance based? or have you got leaks?

It's not hard work, You could DIY for under $10k.

I just checked out the domain.com.au listing.

At that purchase price, in that location, I'd be looking to DIY.

Also, how much do you trust the structural timber?

DIY a whole new roof?

I would, (but then, I've got some experience with it), colorbond is A LOT easier than people think.

It takes skill to make it look amazing. But anyone who can swing a tek-gun and handle a couple of days working at heights in the sun can make it look reasonable.

I just checked out the domain.com.au listing.

At that purchase price, in that location, I'd be looking to DIY.

Also, how much do you trust the structural timber?

how did you find out the listing? i wasnt trying to hide it in any way but im pretty sure that photo is from re.com.au,

im just doing some research into it,

the strucutural timber im not sure as of yet,

DIY roof!?!?!?!!?

ive done heaps of diy and always looking for new challenges, but an entire roof?????? what will I be getting myself in to!!!:D

It's not that, im sure your capable of putting a roof on, but by law you have to be a licensed plumber to put a roof on. It's all about covering your backside these days!

how did you find out the listing? i wasnt trying to hide it in any way but im pretty sure that photo is from re.com.au,

im just doing some research into it,

the strucutural timber im not sure as of yet,

DIY roof!?!?!?!!?

ive done heaps of diy and always looking for new challenges, but an entire roof?????? what will I be getting myself in to!!!:D

Google image search, love it!

It's not that, im sure your capable of putting a roof on, but by law you have to be a licensed plumber to put a roof on. It's all about covering your backside these days!

Oh, well that could be a problem. In WA, you don't have to be a plumber. AFAIK, there is no trade qualification at all for tin roofing.

How about just give the roof a pressure clean and paint it? I've got a quote from a licensed roof tradie on Gumtree for 1.5K recently (1 coat of protective paint and 2 color paint). It's for the whole roof of a house of 180sqm.

It's a huge saving if your roof still in good shape (but bad look).

Btw, the quotes I received range from 1.5 to 4K :eek:.

Back