Cost ofa new roof?

hahaha.

attachment.php

Attachments

• kudos.JPG
    kudos.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 233
thanks everyone,

got told by a guy giving me a quote " trusses, roofing and guttering" need to also be replaced so its probably too big for me to do"

so far ive got a lot of "price depends" type of responses,

is there any way I can get a rough indication of price, and if I do have to do trusses, guttering, will it be a $1k increase or will it be closer to $15k , as I really wanted to do it for $8k-$9k.

thanks eveyrone

I would, (but then, I've got some experience with it), colorbond is A LOT easier than people think.

Those new nibblers etc on TV shopping shows, would be ideal

It takes skill to make it look amazing. But anyone who can swing a tek-gun and handle a couple of days working at heights in the sun can make it look reasonable.

It's the measuring and getting angle's correct that are painful :D

thanks everyone,

got told by a guy giving me a quote " trusses, roofing and guttering" need to also be replaced so its probably too big for me to do"

so far ive got a lot of "price depends" type of responses,

is there any way I can get a rough indication of price, and if I do have to do trusses, guttering, will it be a $1k increase or will it be closer to $15k , as I really wanted to do it for $8k-$9k.

thanks eveyrone

I'm guessing the roof appeared a little bouncy when the plumber got up on the roof. New roof battens would be a certainty, and maybe some of the rafters need to be laminated with new ones.
I know you have a budget, but it will be money well spent.

Scott.

I'd expect "trusses" to double your cost. [which is why i asked about the timber before]

I had included gutters into my previous guesses.

Last edited:
I paid about 13,500 for a new tin roof in Ipswich last year, house looks to be approx same size as yours. That price included new roof, new gutters and downpipes and about $6000 was for the scaffolding as it is two storey at the back (on a hillside). So you should be able to get your job done for much the same as you are only 1 story.

it is very frustrating when you tell the person giving the quote that you have been told its $80-$100 per sqm with the roof being about 115sqm, and your budget is well below $10k, for them to come back to you with a quote of $27k, and acting as though they are doing it for free

the mob mentioned in sydney would be great
http://www.theroofingprofessionalswestside.com.au/faq-what-is-the-replacement-cost-of-a-roof/
however, the property is not in Sydney!!

roofing people are the hardest to even get a remote idea out of

maybe paying the someone by the hour with an agreed time frame is better where I provide materials

it is very frustrating when you tell the person giving the quote that you have been told its $80-$100 per sqm with the roof being about 115sqm, and your budget is well below $10k, for them to come back to you with a quote of $27k, and acting as though they are doing it for free

the mob mentioned in sydney would be great
http://www.theroofingprofessionalswestside.com.au/faq-what-is-the-replacement-cost-of-a-roof/
however, the property is not in Sydney!!

roofing people are the hardest to even get a remote idea out of

maybe paying the someone by the hour with an agreed time frame is better where I provide materials
I'll PM you a Rough quote from my friend. He travels...

Back