Costs and fees on a refinance

Thinking of refinancing and would like some info on expenses that are not bank costs.
The property and loans are in Queensland.
It is particularly government fees/costs that I would like to know, such as stamp duty - does that still apply? - and any other fees that might come as a surprise.
Thanks

Here is my exp in VIC:

New Bank Fees
a) Attend settlement - $200
b) Application Fee - $0 (Waived as I went on their package @ $350per year)

Old Bank Fees
a) Attend settlement - $150
b) Mortgage discharge fee - $150

Govt Fees
a) Registration/Discharge of mortgage- $210

The new bank gave me $700 CR for switching costs...

Despite the costs can still be beneficial if you get a better rate, correct structure or additional funds to enable you to move on and buy another IP or development.

Despite the costs can still be beneficial if you get a better rate, correct structure or additional funds to enable you to move on and buy another IP or development.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Thinking of refinancing and would like some info on expenses that are not bank costs.
The property and loans are in Queensland.
It is particularly government fees/costs that I would like to know, such as stamp duty - does that still apply? - and any other fees that might come as a surprise.
Thanks

I think speak to a broker or the new bank to get an exact estimate as there are several factors that are unkown such as how many properties, which is your current lender, how long have you had the loans cause there might be exit fees still in play ect

Fee and rate Mypoia can get in the way of real money ........no doubt.

had a referred lead this week for a land subdiv with 500k plus potential profit ( > 80 % on project cost ) and around 300 % ROI within a year or less.

Conference call, after hours on a Friday nite, because hubby and mrs. needed some guidance before signing a contract thenext day. Became apparent that it wouldnt be an easy deal and would require some significant intellectual property and a second or third tier lender to secure site.

Convo went for about 5 mins with hubby to pre determine what maybe possible before getting too far into it.

Mrs first words uttered - whats your rate ?

My initial response these days is ..........Wrong question, (pls see www.loans.com or www.ubank.com.au)

Further explained that at that point I knew nothing of their resources capacity, riskprofile and her q was like walking into a car yard and asking what is the price of A car pls.

Her further response - you must be expensive then.,.................................

Thankfully, Im still waiting on the return of our data request ( since as a referal from a good source we will still provide pro bono advice,but wont lodge the work (for obvious reasons)

ta

rolf

I agree with Aaron, many people in my office only talk about rates but dont understand a lot about other fees bank may charge.

When you dig further, it seems many are paying fees one way or other, but its really difficult to shift focus from rates to structures and other things which are more important in finance world.

I think more seasoned investors dont care about rates, however majority of masses out there just goes on the advertised rates.

I have yet to see a customer refinance because of rate and fee's.

They all want more cash, or restructured borrowings etc. In the end, even for rate blickers, this is only a secondary consideration. as in, seeing as we have to refinance anyway, lets try and get the best rate etc.

Maybe, but even before there were online lenders, I still dont remember one customer refinancing just for rate.

Back