Country NSW - Wagga Wagga

Hi All,

My research via a NSW residex report has revealled some explosive growth areas in NSW. One place that caught my eye was Wagga Wagga. It has a university and hospital. Its growth was over 20% and prices are quite cheap.

What people's thoughts on places like Wagga Wagga

Thanks

Kaz ... searching for his next IP

Hiya

I reckon unless you find something with dev potential, like many regionals it may have done its dash. part of the reason for the big growth was investors chasing cashflow. 3 years ago you could buy houses at 9 % yield and unit blocks at 14 to 18 %.

Now its almost half that, so its hard to see if any organic growth can occue.

ta
rolf

Military also at Wagga. Some big Club went broke there, Leagues or something like it. How the hell does a club go down with pokies ?
Good looking town otherwise, brand new huge motel. Glad it's not next door to me. I'm still sniffing around there though.
cheers
crest133

Hi All,

Given that I have lived in Wagga for the last 11 years (and have married a local), I'll throw my 2 cents worth in. Wagga has a population of around 60,000, is about half way between Melb & Syd (about 5hrs each way) and about 2 &1/2 hours from Canberra. It has a large defence population (and is set to increase with the RAAF recruit's moving from S.A. in around 08') as well as a lot of university students (Charles Sturt University) - (both help drive the economy) there is also significant retail,industrial and manufacturing in Wagga as well as the primary production in the surrounding areas. Wagga was pretty dormant for a number of years in regards to capital growth in housing,and like most other areas the flow on effect followed when Sydney went off.

There has been a lot of new housing estates in the last few years mainly to the south & south/west of the city, and a lot more development soon to begin in the retail/motel/conference centre type area. I suppose when you look at housing in Sydney the prices here seem relatively cheap, but I have still (apart from my own home) purchased my IP's up north (QLD). That is not to say I wouldnt purchase anything here, but I feel at the moment I will get better growth in the capital cities. Anyway feel free to pm me for further info.

gaz

Back