Crunching the numbers - use an expert or diy software?

Hi There,

I am wanting to crunch numbers to look forward at potential scenario outcomes for my portfolio in 5/10/20 years.

to assist with ie:

-Loan repayments / variables with % rates, repayment amounts
-rental income
- paying down the loans vs keeping offset amount for development.
- develop properties now or later vs tax implications / state of the market / building industry / economy.
- develop new townhouses around existing dwelling vs demolition and all new townhouses vs loans / repayments etc etc

Thus is there a software generator or good spreadsheets out there to use, or should I engage a consultant and show them the money....

Cheers

Somersoft sell PIA software on the main screen menu at http://www.somersoft.com.au/software.htm

Its very very good once you learn the tricks. Very good manuals too. Its very comprehensive and looks at cashflows , tax, etc etc...Projections of debt and equity and value and changes to rents and costs. There is a trial version with some hobbled features. License for a single stand alone is $245....Well worth it.

It wont do the development issues but can be combined with excel for little effort.

I have a not-for-profit online tool that you can also use to run feasibility and projections for your investment property. It does not work for development either. But as Paul mentioned, you can easily use the existing tools to do that in Excel.

The website also allows you to download the data into Excel.

www.numbrcrunchr.com

Tip : If "net" rental income is less than the threshold you must still lodge a tax return. Obligation to lodge is based on many factors.

Back