Dale in Canberra

Dale is coming to Canberra!

The venue and date have been finalised.

Tuesday, 1st April, at the Grosvenor Room, at Olims Hotel, Braddon (On Ainslie Ave, at the corner of Limestone Ave), starting at 7PM (but we would suggest an earlier arrival just to make sure you don't miss out on anything).

Dale has very generously donated his own time and travel costs. We're suggesting just a $5 charge to cover venue costs.

This is probably the best value evening you will see this year (well, investment related, anyway).

We had previously arranged for a venue which would not have required a charge- but Dale felt that, as it was only available from 8PM, he would not be able to give justice to the subject.

This is a continuation of the thread which Paul (StrangeP) started- http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6379

If you've sent a message to Paul already, and you wish to attend, don't worry.

If you want to go, and haven't sent a message, please do so- http://www.somersoft.com/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=902

And, of course, if you can't come when you had indicated that you can, please let him know.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

This promises to be a great night!

I will be there of course and have told approx 10 people who have all confirmed they will come.

See you then, Michael Croft

Hi Geoff

Thanks for all yours and Pauls efforts for making this happen.

I have several ppl coming as well...Paul knows the numbers.

Give me a yell if you need a hand for the set-up...although I'm not really sure how you set- up an accountant.

Cheers

Phil

OK, Asy has suggested Tim Tams.

I'm happy to oblige.

But I don't have the magic packet which never gets empty.

So I need to know how many people are coming.

If you've notified Strangep, don't worry.

If you haven't, follow the link http://www.somersoft.com/forums/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=902

If two Tim Tams per person is insufficient, let me know.

btw, I have opted to go without the extras for coffee, tea, etc in the interests of keeping costs down. Tim Tams will keep- but I've no idea on the demand for, or the interest in, liquid refreshments.

Olims have a bar which I presume also supplies tea or coffee. Unless people would like the extras- in which case, send a message to Paul. The number cruncher :D

Just to update here.

Tea and coffee will be available. I will bring the Tim Tams. Just because Asy said so :D

See you there!

Originally posted by geoffw
OK, Asy has suggested Tim Tams.
If two Tim Tams per person is insufficient, let me know.

Geoffw, a packet per person is about right.

If there are any leftover tim tams (an oxymoron I know) send 'em up!

Jas

Originally posted by Jas
Geoffw, a packet per person is about right.

If there are any leftover tim tams (an oxymoron I know) send 'em up!
OK Jas,

You're the only person who has indicated a preference for more than two tim tams. So I'll keep a packet aside for you.

See you there!

Sorry no. I heard Dale speak a number of times now, and though I love him dearly, people will start to talk if I'm seen with him again in public :)

That and the fact that I won't be in canberra that night...

Jas

PS, thou for two packets of tim tams, I could be tempted...

Jas,

Do you mean you are turning up for Dales talk in person to claim your Tim Tams, or do you want Geoff to mail the left overs to you.

If thats the case then I think you will go hungry....never trust Geoff with Tim Tams...IP maybe but never Tim Tams ;)

Cheers

Phil

ohhh.... two packets of tim tams and a mint slice?

uhhh.... * I will be strong* ... * I will be strong*

Jas

hi guys,

my partner and i are coming down from sydney to hear Dale speak.

can anyone local to canberra please suggest a motel to stay overnight? a couple of options on reasonably priced accommodation would be most appreciated.

c u there!

cheers
season

My place might be a bit expensive.

Price- help with laying a floor!

Accommodation depends on whether you want to be close to the venue or not. A friend has recommended Motel Formule 1 as being reasonable in price, and fairly new. It’s not close to town- but not that far- in Watson- but right on the Federal highway, on the north side. Rate is $54 perr night.

http://www.formule1.com.au and search for canberra

Last edited:
As Les has been bumping up the "Phillips Foote" thread :D I thought I'd post a reminder that Dale is coming TOMORROW.

I'm looking forward to meeting and hearing Dale, and perhaps putting some names to faces.

damn,

our plans went upside down.............and we can't make it to canberra tonight...........after all.......

i guess the motel room that we've prepaid for will have to be used someother day!

i was so much looking forward to meet you guys there, especially Paul and Geoff.

Dale, are you planning on talking in sydney at some stage?

guys, sorry for any inconvenience and make sure to have a great evening!!!

cheers
season

Season,

A pity to miss you.

Perhaps someone else can buy the room from you at a discount?

I'm certainly looking forward to putting names to faces.

And to hearing Dale.

Brilliant stuff Dale :)

Thank you for your time and effort to visit us in our sometimes forgotten capital city.

Two hours with you isn’t enough … looks like a visit to Melb is on the calendar.

And many thanks to Paul and Geoff for organising the night.

Cheers

Phil

Ps how many tim tams left over Geoff ?

hi Paul & Geoff,

who do i send a cheque to for the covercharge? i was supposed to contribute $5 x 2.

eventhough i had to cancel, i think it's only fair cos you made preparations:)

did ya have fun?

Back